GDT: Chicago vs Hamilton, Dec. 28

dlbalr

The Bulldogs (19-9-5) finally get a home game as they host Don Lever and his Chicago Wolves (17-15-3). The once vaunted Wolves could slip to 7th in their division with a loss (and OKC win) tonight.

-r105017%20:%20ham09_500.jpg

Scoring leaders:

Goals: Nigel Dawes (14)

Assists: Jason Krog (28)

PIMS: Boris Valabik (88)

+/-: Spencer Machacek (+11)

-r105019%20:%20ham09_500.jpg

Scoring leaders:

Goals: Max Pacioretty NWT (17) (Active leader: David Desharnais (10))

Assists: David Desharnais (31) (League leader)

PIMS: Jimmy Bonneau (89)

+/-: David Desharnais (+13)

Puck drop is at 7:00 PM EST and can be listened to by clicking this link: http://cham.player.amri.ca/

Chicago scored, then Boyd scored. Then Chicago scored, then Boyd scored. And then, Chicago scored, then Boyd scored. Unfortunately, Chicago scored twice more (both 3rd period PPG's) which Hamilton couldn't reply to, 5-3 Wolves. Mayer yanked after the 4th goal, another less than stellar outing for him.

Nice to see the attendance over 5,000 for a home game, was there some sort of event going on or did the locals just miss their Bulldogs? :)

http://theahl.com/stats/game-summary.php?game_id=1007814

Chicago scored, then Boyd scored. Then Chicago scored, then Boyd scored. And then, Chicago scored, then Boyd scored. Unfortunately, Chicago scored twice more (both 3rd period PPG's) which Hamilton couldn't reply to, 5-3 Wolves. Mayer yanked after the 4th goal, another less than stellar outing for him.

Nice to see the attendance over 5,000 for a home game, was there some sort of event going on or did the locals just miss their Bulldogs? :)

http://theahl.com/stats/game-summary.php?game_id=1007814

The Hamilton RIDE Program has been giving out free Bullodogs tickets as a reward to those who have not been drinking and driving....that's probably why the attendance was up.

For myself, I was unable to make it to the game (wasn't feeling well) but from what I have heard, it was just an awful game, so maybe it was just as well that I didn't go. This was apparently one of the games this season when the AHL experimented with the two-referee system, and the calls were just brutal against the Bulldogs from what I have been hearing.

Also, Curtis Sanford started in goal but was INJURED :puke: just over a minute into the start of the 1st period. Sanford allowed the first goal by Chicago at 1:16 and then left the game. Not good.

Also, Curtis Sanford started in goal but was INJURED :puke: just over a minute into the start of the 1st period. Sanford allowed the first goal by Chicago at 1:16 and then left the game. Not good.

Wow, didn't see that from the scoresheet. Any old AHL goalies kicking around that could use a PTO?

If I was in Cunneyworth's position, I would start Delmas just to see what he might be able to do. However, the fact that Mayer is the regular backup, I get the feeling that Mayer will get the start as opposed to the "new guy".

If I was in Cunneyworth's position, I would start Delmas just to see what he might be able to do. However, the fact that Mayer is the regular backup, I get the feeling that Mayer will get the start as opposed to the "new guy".

OUCH ! I think we just talked about this event just a few days ago. Give Delmos a short leash. Mayer, I'm ready to send to Wictita. I bring in another goalie if Sanford is gone for any significant length of time.

Look at Karri Ramo's number in the KHL

22 wins 6 loss 3 ties

GAA 1.97

PCT .927

Unfortunately, he won't be an option to bring over for the Bulldogs, though at least it says the Habs got something for Ceddy...who might start against the Habs tonight.