The Captains "C"

puck7x

Keep Koivu as Kaptain

Alliteration and a potentially racist acronym aside, Koivu should stay the captain. If any rifts or cliques amongst the team were to be solved through a leadership change, then I suggest switching about the Assistant Captains first.

Koivu is the only one right now who should have the C for the HABS. I don't see anyone else who could take over as the Captain right now.

Bégin? Would be my 1st choice if Koivu would leave (which I highly doubt will ever happen).

Brisebois? He won't do this job anyways, too much stress ... *fg*

Souray? Stands up for his teammates on the ice but will not cover their backs in front of the media (Kovi knows it already). ;)

Perhaps the logical first step, if management feels he’s up to the task, would be to send Rivet packing. It would remove his best friend and would force him closer to the rest of the team.

You could have also wrote that we should trade that little punk Ribeiro and his friend Dagenais for some real center, so that the others would have to "grow together".

Perhaps the logical first step would be to trade Rivet and Ribeiro for some better talent?

Of course Ribs has shown that he's a talented offencive player but we need a better one at this position to take a step ahead. I don't know if Bonk could take over this spot - he has surely better defencive skills but he hasn't showed much offencively with the Sens, even with guys like Hossa or Havlat on his side.

Originally posted by HABS Fan Nr.1

Koivu is the only one right now who should have the C for the HABS. I don't see anyone else who could take over as the Captain right now.

Bégin? Would be my 1st choice if Koivu would leave (which I highly doubt will ever happen).

Brisebois? He won't do this job anyways, too much stress ... *fg*

Souray? Stands up for his teammates on the ice but will not cover their backs in front of the media (Kovi knows it already). ;)

Perhaps the logical first step, if management feels he’s up to the task, would be to send Rivet packing. It would remove his best friend and would force him closer to the rest of the team.

You could have also wrote that we should trade that little punk Ribeiro and his friend Dagenais for some real center, so that the others would have to "grow together".

Perhaps the logical first step would be to trade Rivet and Ribeiro for some better talent?

Of course Ribs has shown that he's a talented offencive player but we need a better one at this position to take a step ahead. I don't know if Bonk could take over this spot - he has surely better defencive skills but he hasn't showed much offencively with the Sens, even with guys like Hossa or Havlat on his side.

I agree completely. Koivu is the only person currently on the Habs roster that can do the job.