Theo has a groin injury

Rooster

Just posted on RDS. Apparently Theo has been suffereing from a groin injury for 10 days or so and that is why he didn't play against Florida. He is doubtful for friday's game. I'm not too worried if it's short term as Danis has been solid, but what's up with all the groin injuries. Seriously, i've never seen so many groin injuries in my life. Is it due to reduced activity during the lockout?

http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/192201.html

[Edited on 2005/11/17 by Rooster]

Could this possibly be the Montreal media making the most of a small thing. Theo's groin tweak has been known for a while now... both he and the trainer have stated that it's not a serious pull it's more about discomfort...

Even if he was 100% he's not likely to start both games of a back to back, especially the way Danis has been playing. Wouldn't this make him doubtful for tomorrow as well? (or for Saturaday anyway)

I agree with Fanny about the Theo-bashing, it sucks, but frankly I don't think his play requires any excuses of any kind whatsoever. All goaltenders have slumps, few dominate the entire year from start to finish (without a defensive/trapping team in front of him, like Brodeur used to have). Theo is renoun as a slow starter, he's a groove goaltender who works tirelessly tweaking his game.

The flack he's hearing is simply due to the fact that for the first time since he's been our #1, there are very high expectations of the team.

We've met those expectations and at 13-3-3 I'd say we've exceeded them.

I don't think they're affiliated but RDS literally is the exact mirror image of TSN but in French and they favour the Habs instead of the Leafs.

They are both owned by Bell Globe media... i think it's more than a coincidence. :)