Buffalos undefeated streak to end tomorrow.

johnnyhasbeen

He's not a bonehead! His only mistake was saying it to a reporter in Montreal. Theres nothing wrong with having a bit of a cocky edge at all, it's just about the when and the where that you choose to strut it. Lesson learned I hope about doing it in a hockey hotbed like Montreal, as compared to down yonder in the state of Texas.....

Doing it in Montreal is exactly why he is a bonehead. The problem here is the principle of the thing. Would people have the same opinion of this situation if it were a playoff game and after they got beaten you found out the Sabers had the quote posted on their dressing room wall? Which just may be what they did on Monday. The whole point is not to give another team extra motivation to beat you. What is the point? It's just human nature for players to rise to a challenge, without that added motivation the outcome could have been different. Campbell came right out and said after the game that they were aware of the comment and played accordingly. Hence..............BONEHEAD COMMENT.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can forgive Janne for this. In Dallas, Edmonton or the Island this would not have happened. I'm sure Koivu probably talked to him and told him, "This is Montreal, you've got to be way more careful Janne".

Niinimaa: "Sorry Saks, I won't do it again"

Koivu: "No worries, it happens to many new comers. I know you were saying that we have a good team and it was taken way out of context."

Anyway, case closed. Don't do it again and CLEAR THE PUCK!

Doing it in Montreal is exactly why he is a bonehead. The problem here is the principle of the thing. Would people have the same opinion of this situation if it were a playoff game and after they got beaten you found out the Sabers had the quote posted on their dressing room wall? Which just may be what they did on Monday. The whole point is not to give another team extra motivation to beat you. What is the point? It's just human nature for players to rise to a challenge, without that added motivation the outcome could have been different. Campbell came right out and said after the game that they were aware of the comment and played accordingly. Hence..............BONEHEAD COMMENT.

He made a mistake so he's a bonehead..... Man it's part of the learning curve that comes with going from a hockey hinterland to a hotbed! People need to give it a rest - he made a mistake. Oops I guess that makes pretty much all of us a bunch of mistake makin' boneheads, including you & me by that measure of definition you applied?

Let's all adopt that old classic

I'm a bonehead, you're a bonehead, we're all a bonehead, watchin' all the boneheads go by......

He made a mistake so he's a bonehead..... Man it's part of the learning curve that comes with going from a hockey hinterland to a hotbed! People need to give it a rest - he made a mistake. Oops I guess that makes pretty much all of us a bunch of mistake makin' boneheads, including you & me by that measure of definition you applied?

Let's all adopt that old classic

I'm a bonehead, you're a bonehead, we're all a bonehead, watchin' all the boneheads go by......

He's a bonehead because you and I know not to do something like that and we are not professional hockey players making over $2million a year. You are saying that because he has only been playing for the Habs for 3 weeks he had no idea that the city was a hotbed for hockey and that the media take everything to extremes? Come on, when you are a professional in a job you need to know what you can and cannot say in certain situations, for instance I wouldn't go up to my boss and say, "This job is a joke, I do nothing here". And if I did, I don't think an excuse would be, "Sorry I just started here, I didn't know that wasen't accepted."

He is a bonehead because he gave Buffalo added incentive to beat the Habs on that night, which they certainly didn't need, because as we all know they were trying to keep their unbeaten streak alive. If it was not a bonehead comment, why doesn't this happen every night? Answer- The league is not made up of boneheads. WE all make mistakes, but when you make certain types of mistakes, it can show that you are an idiot.