The "Can We Keep The 'D'?" Thread

Psycing

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are some good relatively young D out there to get and trade for. Souray is gone, Mrkov as everyone has stated has to be resigned. I would have no problem letting Rivet walk either. I'm like the other poster, i don't care if he's good in the dressing room (whatever that means) but he is not too good on the ice where it counts. I don't think you need to resign Bonk either. Chipchura, Lapierre and Pleks should be able to do the job. Signing a younger D would be much better, someone who is moble like Hannan, someone like that. They could trade Souray around the deadline for a younger D out west, there are alot of them. Smid, Carle, Vlassic to name a few.

The money they save on Rivet Bonk Souray they can afford a top end center.

Didn't read any of this thread but if the choice is keeping 2 of the 3 D then it's a no brainer. Markov is easily the best on the team so he has to be signed. Souray is a star on the powerplay. Guys with that type of shot don't grow on trees so dispite his defensive short comings ( is he any worse than Rivet?) he's a keeper as well. Poor Rivet is only average at best. He really shouldn't have gotten the contract he had in the first place so let him walk to sign the other 2 guys. I like both Markov and Souray and hope to see them around for a long time in the blue, white and red.

Rivet - I'd be stunned if we re-sign him, unless it is with a big pay cut. If he is so good in the dressing room, make him an assistant coach. Or if it is made clear he has a greatly reduced role on the team.

Souray - will cost way too much, and with his daughter situation, we should swing something with LA. Unless he loves Mtl so much that...

Markov - keep at all costs.

Bonk - I'd be stunned if he accepts a pay cut. Teach Maxim well, Radek, and thanks.

Johnson - ok, but replaceable.

Trade Kovalev while he still has some shine - pretty good idea.