Pre-Game Threads

This is prompted by a discussion that occurred in last night's game thread. A few people complained about the many pre-game predictions of the score. The complaint was that these predictions don't contribute much and one must sift through a few pages of them to find the start of the game. The counter arguement was that people like to make predictions and so why shouldn't they.

As someone who doesn't really enjoy skipping through this sort of stuff in the pre-game material I want to suggest that maybe we should split the thread into a pre-game thread and the actual game thread.

I think we all enjoy Spider-Man's introductory pages but I propose that someone be nominated to officially begin a Game-on thread at the actual start of each game.

I am not sure whether this will work and/or help but I throw it out as a possibility.

I look forward to the savage berating I expect to receive for foolishly suggesting a change. ;)

Let the ridiculing begin.

I dunno the predictions and speculation and so on that accumulate in the hours before a game don't bother me at all, I skim over them to the start of the game, or more often just go to the latest post. There may be discussions happening that would be severed if the thread changed when the puck dropped, that's a problem I see with having two threads for every game . . .

I think people (at least those contributing actively to the GT) like long Game threads, which help to create more excitement around the game. Those threads are more like "Chat rooms" and the only ones where we kind of tolerate "no-content" posts. If you want more content about the game, I'd suggest you to read JMMR (and other HW writers) previews and recaps on the HW website... which are very interesting to read!