Bégin back on saturday?

JoeLassister

According to RDS.ca, Bégin could play on saturday against Ottawa. http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/223003.html

What should we do with the lines with him playing???

This lineup comes from thread Ottawa vs Habs

Higgins - Koivu - Ryder

Samsonov - Plekanec - Kovalev

Latendresse - Bonk - Johnson

Perezhogin - Lapierre - Streit

Personnaly, i would let Lapierre there with Begin and Perez and return Streit on defense.

First line remains the same, Kovy-Plex-Lats, Samso-Bonk-Johnson.

On defense scratch Niinimaa or Dandenault (i'm not sure who is better by this time).

Streit, Markov, Komi, Souray, Bouillon and Niinimaa/Dandenault. I think Rivet still has flu.

What you guys think will happen tomorrow?

Murray does not have to clear again as I understand it, great news about Bégin he isn't a big guy bit pure grit and plays with the passion that the team seems to need right now, this is his big chance to do what he does best, Go Steve Go!!!

Murray does not have to clear again as I understand it, great news about Bégin he isn't a big guy bit pure grit and plays with the passion that the team seems to need right now, this is his big chance to do what he does best, Go Steve Go!!!

But if he is sent down it would be for good! cause we risk losing him if recalled and no doubt he would be recalled on re entry! I don't doubt for a second! (hey wait a minute this new Firefox has a spell checker?? or is this on Habsworld! awesome! ) ... anyways I say Murray needs to go and then were free to keep lapierre and then if need be bring up whomever we want if injuries prevail Kostys and Grabovskies and all sorts of Cookies!

Carbonneau likes Streit in part because he can play D. He will not play only 6 D including Streit. He will want the option of having the 7th D.

Maybe someone will get hurt ... or maybe Murray will be set down. I think his spot was taken by Lapierre. If it isn't Murray, it would probably be Lapierre ... only so many 3-4 line players you can carry.

Murray is the odds-on favourite by six lengths to go down to Hamilton should Begin return, and not come back up before the end of the season. We may even have seen Murray's last game in a Habs jersey. I don't think they'd call him back up under any circumstances: if the Habs really run short of forwards, they can always call up Grabovski, and there's no joy in losing Murray on recall waivers, because while there's no bite of cap space while he's in Hamilton, they'd be on the hook for half the cap space if he's recall-swiped. And who knows, maybe he'll find his form in time for training camp in September.

Of course, Carbo isn't naming a player who'll be sent down right now just in case Begin isn't ready for tomorrow - no sense in stomping morale uselessly. When asked who Begin would be playing with tomorrow, Carbo said he'd start on a line with Lapierre...so bye-bye Murray.

I'm betting on Begin as well. I think he is incredibly undervalued on the team and adds the type of energy and chemistry that changes the flow and momentum in a game. It will be wonderful to have him back in the lineup.