100 Points!

habs_25th

Not since Mats Naslund has the Habs had a 100 pointer. Though, we're not going to see it this season, we eventually will. Hopefully sooner rather than later.

I'd really like to see a dominating offensive player with the Habs, a la Iginla, Ovechkin, etc.

Who do you think in the farm or on the team is going to break this streak of mediocrity?

My vote goes to one of the Kostitsyn's.

all things are possible, especially now that the 'new' nhl is making it that speed, skill and scoring are the standard...

GO :hlogo: GO!

I am not so sure they have that 100 point man either, only 10 guys in the entire league will hit that mark this season.

I hope Higgins scores 40 goals a few times, Kostitsyn could get upwards of 85 points but that 100 barrier is hard to break

Who do you think in the farm or on the team is going to break this streak of mediocrity?

Who will not :

Higgins : He's a great two way player, and will probably know a couple of 80 points seasons. May reach 40 goals. But I don't think he's gonna reach 100. He'd need a playmaker like Forsberg to do it.

Perezhogin, Plekanec, Ryder, Latendresse, D'Agostini, White, Maxwell, Grabovski : None of them has shown super-star potential. Latendresse might become a solid power forward tho, and D'Agostini, White, Maxwell, Grabovski all have petential to become regular NHLer and even solid offesive contributors. But not 100 pts scorers IMO.

Who might :

S. Kostitsyn is actually the one that as the most super-star potential IMO. He's second overall in points in the OHL. He putted up more than two points a game during the playoffs last spring.

A Kostitsyn will develop in a solid first line wigner as far as I can see. But will he be able to reach 100 points, I doubt. Mike modano never scored more that 93. Kovalev never reached 100 either...

But the two brothers together could do some serious damage. With his shot and the playmakin ability of his youger brother, he could reach the 50 goals mark, who knows, but will likely be a solid 30 goals scorer.

HockeysFuture places AK 46 32th top prospect in the league (Price is 16th, Grabovski isn't in the top 50, Latendresse wasn't in the top 50 last year and has graduated this year so is not considered anymore)

I'm sure of one thing tho, we have a couple of promising offensive players that will help break the trend of mediocrity : beginning next year, it will take more than 65 points to be the Canadiens points leader!

As far as I can see, we have only one potential franchise player, but he won't score more that one or two goals in his entire career. Carey Price.

Edited by Punkned

Jonahon Tavares!!

Hehehe :lol:

But... wouldn't Montreal have to finish last to get him? I'm not sure that an awful season (like Philly is having) would be worth it.

Though, it would be nyce. Maybe there's another way to grab that kid? :D