Cool fact about Habs

rafikz

Jaroslav Halak became the first Canadiens rookie to earn a 1-0 shutout win in goal since Ken Dryden beat the Maple Leafs by that score on Jan. 19, 1972 -- yes, 33 years to the day after Boston's last 1-0 loss at Montreal! And now, the piece de resistance: This was the first 1-0 victory in Canadiens' history -- repeat, the first ever -- in which both the winning goaltender and the goal-scorer were rookies!

Pwned.

no. rafikz was talking about getting a 1-0 shutout. Didn't Danis get a 2 or 3 - 0 shutout?

Now, rafikz is pointing out a somewhat meaningless situational stat, but I doubt it's incorrect.

Rafikz only promised the the stat would be "cool", not useful.

no. rafikz was talking about getting a 1-0 shutout. Didn't Danis get a 2 or 3 - 0 shutout?

Now, rafikz is pointing out a somewhat meaningless situational stat, but I doubt it's incorrect.

:lol:

Jaroslav Halak became the first Canadiens rookie to earn a 1-0 shutout win in goal since Ken Dryden beat the Maple Leafs by that score on Jan. 19, 1972 -- yes, 33 years to the day after Boston's last 1-0 loss at Montreal! And now, the piece de resistance: This was the first 1-0 victory in Canadiens' history -- repeat, the first ever -- in which both the winning goaltender and the goal-scorer were rookies!

This is why staticians scare me.

This is why staticians scare me.

stats tell you exactly what they tell you. nothing wrong with using stats, you just have to know what they mean.

Look at what PJ Stock does to stats, it's unbelievable how badly someone can abuse information.

Look at virtually any TV baseball commentator - ridiculous.

But read baseball prospectus, understand what you are seeing and stats can be incredibly illucidating... or just fun.

this stat was fun, neat even.

Look at virtually any TV baseball commentator - ridiculous.

But read baseball prospectus, understand what you are seeing and stats can be incredibly illucidating... or just fun.

To be fair, baseball is pretty much all about stats. I like baseball, but it's not exactly for the on-field action :P

Danis got a shutout in his first game ever in NHL.

He also got one i nhis first game in the AHL which puts him in a group of a very select few.

It was definitely vs Atlanta. I remember the entire day clearly - and I was about to say it was definitely 3-0 but now I'm having second thoughts. Anyways, I'm quite sure it was 3-0.