Habs Trivia!

kost46

Buffalo lol. Thats easy.

Sorry no - I'm referring to who it's very first game ever was against(not this year!)

So no one has the answer to the who the very first opponent was that Montreal ever played against?

You'll need to think outside the box on this one - they no longer exist. They only played one season of pro hockey.

I'll give you 24 more hours before I answer this one - maybe if no one can guess it we'll ask shortcat1 as he was probably there that night... :D:P:lol:

Edited by beliveau1

Ding ding! :)

Hehe, I wanted to answer it.

HW Trivia:

What does BTH put on top of his TV for good luck during Habs games?

Answer: A troll doll (purple-haired)

So no one has the answer to the who the very first opponent was that Montreal ever played against?

You'll need to think outside the box on this one - they no longer exist. They only played one season of pro hockey.

I'll give you 24 more hours before I answer this one - maybe if no one can guess it we'll ask shortcat1 as he was probably there that night... :D:P:lol:

I didn't know that. Interesting.

I cheated online so I won't post the answer.

The hints are C and the 1993 stanley cup final. I was really impressed with how polished the cup was. I hated our opponents.

Edited by ATHLÉTIQUE.CANADIEN

The Toronto Arenas?

The Toronto St Pats?

The Ottawa Silver Seven?

The California Golden Seals?

As you can see, I have no clue. I believe the Golden Seals were much more recent, as well.

The Toronto Arenas?

The Toronto St Pats?

The Ottawa Silver Seven?

The California Golden Seals?

As you can see, I have no clue. I believe the Golden Seals were much more recent, as well.

no

How about the Quebec Bulldogs?

no

I didn't know that. Interesting.

I cheated online so I won't post the answer.

The hints are C and the 1993 stanley cup final. I was really impressed with how polished the cup was. I hated our opponents.

send me a PM with your answer to see if you are right?

montreal maroons or the toronto morons...

Fine

Montreal Wanderers?

sorry I missed this one - still not right!

montreal maroons or the toronto morons...

no - morons? :lol::lol::lol::clap::clap:

is it renfrew ??

no

(and no www cheating eh - right guys) :lol::P:lol:

Edited by beliveau1

In a book I have at home, it says that the montreal canadiens played their first game against renfrew and that newsy lalonde score their first ever goal.

this is a pretty reliable book.

In a book I have at home, it says that the montreal canadiens played their first game against renfrew and that newsy lalonde score their first ever goal.

this is a pretty reliable book.

no - there are several very reliable sources that indicate that information is wrong

Edited by beliveau1

no - there are several very reliable sources that indicate that information is wrong

well give your answer allready.

and I want sources !! :angry:

Edited by marky_and_komi

The Habs played their first NHL game on Dec 17, 1917 - a 7-4 victory that featured 5 goals by Hall of Famer Joe Malone. However the Montreal Canadiens played their very first game on January 5, 1910 in front of 3000 fans at the Jubilee Arena. The Canadiens won the game 7-6 in overtime that night. It was one of only two wins the team recorded that year as they went on to record a dismal record of 2 wins and 10 losses as they finished last in the old NHA, the predecessor of the NHL.

Their opponent in their first game was the Cobalt Silver Kings.

My hometown..... I was born and raised there!

At the time Cobalt was a roaring silver camp with a population of about 30,000 people in northern Ontario - for those who don't know where this town is located, Cobalt is about 100 miles north of North Bay(close to 400 miles north of Toronto.) Ambrose O'Brien owned the Montreal Canadiens as well as 3 other teams in the league that year. O'Brien owned some of the silver mines in Cobalt and brought a pro team to Cobalt that year. They had a state of the art 3500 seat arena that was one of the best in Canada. Unfortunately the miners thought the NHA offered to little pay and too few games so they returned to the Mine Leagues the next year.

O'Brien invested $1000 in the Habs, then known as Les Canadiens with a total salary budget of $5000 for the season. The league consisted of the Montreal Wanderers, Montreal Shamrocks, Haileybury Hockey Club, Renfrew Creamery Kings, Ottawa Senators as well as the Habs and Cobalt, From a town that was the original opponent of waht eventually became the greatest organization in hockey ironically Cobalt is now a mere ghost town with a population of roughly 1200 people living there.....

The Habs played Renfrew 2 weeks later on January 19th and lost that one 9-4 - the schedule was revised and this was the first game of that new schedule which was the result of an expanded league.

Habsworld.....

a History of the Professional Hockey Leagues

www.canadiens.com

Everything Montreal Canadiens.com

goHabs.com - go to the History Timeline Page

NHL History - NHL.com

Hockey - a People's History

:hockey: :hlogo: :hockey:

Edited by beliveau1