Why are Quebec Goalies the Best?

JLP

Is it because the firewagon brand of hockey in the QMJHA exposes them to so many shots?

Is it because there are superior goaltending coaches in Qc?

Cold weather? Genetics? The poutine factor?

I was following Brodeur and Garon's performances and I started to wonder, what do you think?

[Edited on 2004/3/20 by JeanLucPilon]

• 2 weeks later...

What's poutine?

I think it because of the tradition. And the fact that american goaltenders are better than european.

Smaller rinks makes the play closer to the netminder.

Originally posted by ch_nl

What's poutine?

Its only the greatest dish ever invented... Its a meal of fries, cheese curbs and gravy, served in a bowl...

The fries should be long and thick, so that the gravy can saturate and the cheese can melt on them. The gravy should be mild, and the cheese should be soft... The cheese and fry ingredients should be layered together in the bowl, and then the gravy should be poured ontop of the fries/cheese ... WARNING: Do not flood your bowl! its poutine, not soup...

Just made a poutine a few hours ago... mmm....

Most people who havent ever tried poutine and only hear about the describtion usually think its going to taste nasty, but those people are fools! (And they quickly change their minds once they try it!) Poutine is the food of gods!

Originally posted by puck7x
Originally posted by ch_nl

What's poutine?

Its only the greatest dish ever invented... Its a meal of fries, cheese curbs and gravy, served in a bowl...

The fries should be long and thick, so that the gravy can saturate and the cheese can melt on them. The gravy should be mild, and the cheese should be soft... The cheese and fry ingredients should be layered together in the bowl, and then the gravy should be poured ontop of the fries/cheese ... WARNING: Do not flood your bowl! its poutine, not soup...

Just made a poutine a few hours ago... mmm....

Most people who havent ever tried poutine and only hear about the describtion usually think its going to taste nasty, but those people are fools! (And they quickly change their minds once they try it!) Poutine is the food of gods!

:clap: That was a great description :/)

Note about the cheese: It has to make a "squeech-squeech" sound in the mouth.

BTW, i think i found, last january, the best poutine.. at Ashton.

What restaurant makes your favourite Poutine ?

[Edited on 2004-4-5 by sakiqc]

Now you made me curious. Have to try poutine.

What's the pronounceation like?

Poutine, like the Russian president or should it be with a french touch?

yep....its great.

Although new york fries makes it......I usually find it the best over in quebec. I've got a cottage in the laurentiens and i pig out on poutine.

Most people refuse to eat it as soon as they see it. but once they try it.......they dont sttop eating it.

also, its quite fattening.....but whatever, its good and thats all i care about!! :D

I'm interested.

So. If I am going to cook poutine for the first time, what do I need?

What kind of cheese are you using?

Post the recepie. I'll cook it and then I'll post a picture of the finished meal.

I think Gravy is made from flour and Water......Most people do use it with a Turkey dinner, they mix the flour and water together then pour it in the roaster, after the Turkey comes out, and then mix it in with the liquid/Juices/Grease (whatever it is) thats left in the bottom.. This puts the flavour on it!! Then ya gotta add gravy browning to give it its brown color...

There are other things you can use for flavouring besides grease from a turkey or chicken but im not sure what they are....And it is very fattening...

This is what you are going for:

poutine.jpg

Naturally, it tastes better than it looks. One bowl will have an immediate impact on your GAA. And your colon.

You need cheese curds (but not cottage cheese). I suggest you buy the gravy mix in a package from an import supermarket. Fries should be both crispy and greasy, deep fried of course and preferably in oil with chicken fat.

Bon Appetit!

[Edited on 14-4-04 by JeanLucPilon]