D-Day for Oilers

JLP

Edmonton meets St-Louis; Chicago vs Nashville.

Things work out Edmonton comes out of today in a very good position, and all the Canadian teams make the playoffs for the first time since 1986!

:can:

I'd love an all-Canadian final (especially Habs Flames, that would seriously piss off the corporate boys!)

Yeah, too bad for the Oilers... I feel bad for them. They didnt lose in 16 games, then they play the one team that they have to beat out for a playoff spot, and they lose? ouch...

I'm sick of the blues making the playoffs (they hold the current record for consecutive appearances in playoffs).

btw: JLP I re-sized your avatar, since it took up half the screen. lol

As far as the last time all the canadian teams were in the playoffs: 1986 is not exactly correct.

1986 was the last year there were 6 canadian teams in the playoff. That year there were 7 canadian teams (winnipeg and quebec were still around, no ottawa). I have no idea when the last time all the available canadian teams were in the playoffs.

Originally posted by ch_nl

No playoffs without the Blues. How many times? 24? 25?

25th consecutive according to aftonbladet.se - but they are always full of shit, so who knows :)

[Edited on 2004/3/31 by DJ_Laszlo]