Ribeiro's Game Thoughts

Ribeiro

My thought on tonight's game. And yes, I deserve my own thread...I'm Ribeiro. :/)

Like I said prior, Theodore has no problem. As long as you don't give up the puck on breakaway and clear the front of the net as best as you can, the MVP we'll make the save. And he made all the tough saves tonight, proving that he is the team's best player. Odd that all the Americans are the ones to jump on him. 43 Saves tonight.

The HNIC commentator read Habsworld. He used the same comparison as another member here who said, "Not playing Theodore in the playoffs would be like not using Gretzky on the shootout." Just a coincidence? :?- Quote, "Playing Garon would be ludacris." So, who was the one that made that suggestion?

The Powerplay was sub-par tonight. They had trouble getting into the Bruins zone all game, and managed 1 shot on a 4 minute Powerplay with 1 shot prior on the previous PP. They are in the wrong positions, can't make a pass let alone take shots on net. Horrible. I'm glad that the Powerplay stats have rised as well as the confidence off of the 5 on 3 Powerplays.

Zednik scored after many chances, so did Kovalev. Perreault was one of tonight's key players starting things off, getting penalty calls by playing disciplined hockey as well as getting into the Bruins head. Did anyone see his smirk after the Thorton hit?

Raycroft's psyche is damaged. 5 GAA for a rookie in the playoffs - not good.

The Bruins have never lost a series in their existence when ahead 3-1. The stats for them don't lie, just like they don't lose when leading by 2 goals into the 2nd and the fact that they are a great OT team. However, the Wild did it last year.

Who were tonight's three stars?

:ghg:

For sure Theo because of such an amazing performance on coming back from that heartbraker and the goal wasn,t his fault he was being screened. Koivu and Zednik of course! They're line came up with 3 goals tonight! Game 6 in Montreal and we have the momentum!:hlogo:

CCCCCCCCAAAAAAANNNNNNTTTT WAAAAAIIIIIITTTTT

It's great this season. There is a mtl game one night, then you get the next night to relax and watch some fights in the ott.tor series. Then its back to another tense habs game......then its relaxing time again.. This years great :)

Id' just like to add that Dagenais was horrible. His shots are highly inaccurate. No matter how powerful his shots are, they mean nothing if they don't hit the net.

He could have passed to Ryder and gotten all the top Habs on the board this series, but instead he decided to take a low % shot.

Sit him.

Originally posted by Ribeiro

The Bruins have never lost a series in their existence when ahead 3-1.  The stats for them don't lie, just like they don't lose when leading by 2 goals into the 2nd and the fact that they are a great OT team.  However, the Wild did it last year.  

Know what I think about that? Its in the past, its historic statistics. Not relavant now at all. Its like 2 years ago when the Habs played the Canes in the 2nd round, before the start of the series I said... "Habs are going to win! We've never lost to the Carolina/Hartford franchise in the playoffs" ... And, well we all know what happpened.

Well, the Bruins lead the Canadiens by 2 this series and they've won them all.

They won all the OT games.

Their stats don't lie.

Ribeiro thinks we must avoid OT and allowing them to lead after the first.

:D:lol:

Everyone was great tonight.

Kommi was solid and THEO WAS FANTASTIC (wow I actually said that?)

We do have an issue to deal with though. When we beat the bruins and have to face TB, we need to address the 2 on 1 turnovers.

Habs were better this game with mostly partial 2 on 1 turnovers but TB will crush us if we hand them out.

Can't wait till Saturday the Forum errr I mean the Bell center will be pumping

OLE OLE OLE

:hlogo:

I forgot to reply to this:

Know what I think about that? Its in the past, its historic statistics. Not relavant now at all.

The Bruins have been a team as long as the Habs, 1915. To never have lost leading a series 3 to 1 for that long is a scary thought.

And I don't think the Habs have won a series trailing like that.