RDS HD

les_glorieux

Yes, it's back to RDS in 2007/08 for Canadiens coverage for the ol' AC. :) The problem is that I have no HD TV and no wish to buy one because I have a 50 inch regular TV. I'm going to enjoy this TV before I buy into this HD nonsense. I don't trust the industry. It's like VHS versus Bata for video cassetes. How many people bought the Bata?

I'll buy a nice HD TV in 3 to 4 years and it'll be cool. I just don't want to go pay the cash for such a TV and then something new surpasses it. Heck, I survived watching the Habs on ol' TV this long. Don't think it'll kill me.

HD sucks...maybe...ask me in 2 years :lol:

To all of you who have HD, cheers. It is a better game. I love the sound more than the picture. But I can still wait.

Just make sure you get an HD cable or satellite box. Many people buy an HD tv, take it home, hook it up to the cable, and can't figure out why the picture is not as good as it was in the store. HD is way better than regular tv specially when you have a bigger tv.

Great! Now that I decide to move to the UK RDS finally decides to catchup to the 21st century! Dammit!!

On another note, does anybody have a slingbox? Is it any good? I was thinking of getting one so I can still watch the games while I am in the UK, but I don't want to spend 170$ for something that may be crap.

Look for all stations in Canada to be HD within 5 years by law.

but will RDS be in HD this season 07/08 ? if so that would be brilliant!

and ATHLÉTIQUE.CANADIEN was talking about HD being a technology that might be replaced, therefore he was going to wait before buying an new HD tv. Not really. HD just is more lines of a program being broadcast therefore the picture quality is sharper if you have a tv that can display all those lines in the new signal.

if you looking to really upgrade to a new TV wait for this new technology in TV's.. its called SED tv. from Toshiba and Cannon; there is also a similar tv technology call FED thats closely related to SED and its original R&D.

they all can display HD signals. but the quality of the display and size of the actual unit will be larger, manufacturing costs will also be less, it will be lighten in weight and use less power. it will put LCD and plasma out of business one day.

thats a major reason for LCD and Plasma prices dropping so fast and so much, they are trying to keep SED tv at bay for as long as possible.. google SED TV and read all about this next generation of TV's. There is court battle that was brewing between Cannon and a company that created the R&D around the new technology thats the basis/design concept for SED tv's. but that will be settled and we should see this new technology hitting the market in the next few years, if not sooner.

That will be my next purchase for my enhanced hockey watching experience.

Edited by Chips

Look for all stations in Canada to be HD within 5 years by law.

All broadcasters will have to broadcast a digital signal instead of analog. HD is digital but digital is not HD. Check out http://www.digitalhome.ca for forums with all kinds of info to do with television. ;)