Could this ever happen in Montreal?

PurpleHills

I remember when my family moved from Montreal to the Toronto area back in 96-97 the owners of the house we were buying gave us 2 tickets to the Habs versus the Coyotes. I think that was my second ever game, after seeing the Sharks earlier that year.

Cops gave me and my friend two tix confined from a scalper - Forum days, think the very new Sharks were in town.

That they would actually confine a scalpers' tix was stunning in itself. That one of them saw us (clearly looking for scalped tickets) and gave us two (good seats too - corner, about 6 or 7 rows up) was beyond belief. We actually hesitated a long time, before he told us.

Cops gave me and my friend two tix confined from a scalper - Forum days, think the very new Sharks were in town.

That they would actually confine a scalpers' tix was stunning in itself. That one of them saw us (clearly looking for scalped tickets) and gave us two (good seats too - corner, about 6 or 7 rows up) was beyond belief. We actually hesitated a long time, before he told us.

Cops have no presence infront of the Bell centre thats for sure. Scalpers do as they please.

Interesting...I always wondered if scalpers paid the cops on the street outside the game a kickback to turn a blind eye. Maybe that guy refused to pay up? Or maybe he was some dirtbag with other charges on his rap sheet, so they singled him out. Either way, nice score...that would have been a heck of a nice surprise!

Cops used to stroll around the Forum and soak up the atmosphere, if the weather was nice. They never did anything, though - I remember my Mom haggling with a scalper for three tix to Lafleur's retirement night (the night with the painter caps) not two feet from a cop, who was just chilling, looking at chicks in front of the McDo's.

For our giveaways, guess it was a kickback thing. We killed maybe the Sharks, 5- or 6-1. Good times, good times.

When will we get a new owner and move us back to the Forum site? :)