3. Jean Beliveau

4. Guy Lafleur

5. Jaques Plante

6. Larry Robinson

7. Henri Richard

8. Dickie Moore

9. Bob Gainey

10. Ken Dryden

Morenz was the star of his era. He should be #6 before the rest. Vezina should also be in the list. He was probably the first franchise goalie in history.

If you put Harvey at #2 because he revolutionized the D position (and he did), then you've got to put Plante at #3. Both guys weren't only stars, they were pionneers at their respective positions.

Robinson was a great D for many years, but I dont think he was as dominant for as long as Roy was. Robinson, Richard, Moore, Gainey, Dryden... they all fall in the "very very good" players but none had the same impact on the game and their team as Roy did (2 Smythes).

Geoffrion surely should be in there. He was overshadowed by the Rocket, as was Moore. Both were equally good offensive players. But if you include both of them, you have to put Aurele Joliat in the same group. Joliat was to Morenz what Moore or Geoffrion was to the Rocket, if not better (Joliat outscored Morenz a few seasons).

So my list is:

1- Maurice Richard

2- Doug Harvey

3- Jacques Plante

4- Jean Beliveau

5- Guy Lafleur

6- Howie Morenz

7- Patrick Roy

8- Henri Richard

9- Larry Robinson

10- George Vezina

Edited by KoZed

I would not have Harvey at #2 and I wouldn't have Moore on the list.

I would try to have Patrick Roy on there though I think Geoffrion deserves consideration.

Harvey won 6 or 7 James Norris Trophies and is only second to Bobby Orr as the greatest defenseman to play the game.

Guy is one of only three players to have 6 consecutive 50 goal seasons (i think that stat is correct). And he's the only habs to do it. He was the best player on the best team of all time. 1977 Habs. Plus he looked cool with all that blonde hair.

Edited by BCHabnut

Harvey won 6 or 7 James Norris Trophies and is only second to Bobby Orr as the greatest defenseman to play the game.

I never said he wasn't - but I would have Guy Lafleur and Jean Beliveau ahead of him.

I never said he wasn't - but I would have Guy Lafleur and Jean Beliveau ahead of him.

Yeah well I guess it is a tough call I mean you could have any number of guys in the top 3..5..7...9 oh who knows they had some awesome players.