Bell Centre depreciating dramatically

JLP

Perhaps the Montreal Canadiens should threaten to leave? Perhaps they could get a tax break in Barrie, Brampton, or Hamilton. If it's so important why don't the fans boycott going to games untill the taxes are friggin lowered? With the salary cap the only one who should be concerned is Gilette and his pockets. From everything that's come out of his mouth you can be sure a tax break would NOT trickle down to Habs fans saving money. He would still figure out a way to charge even more for tickets. Soooooooooooooooo........figure out loops in the salary-cap system to get some serious players on this team instead of claiming piss poor to the city and filling his own pockets even more then they already are.

I don't know, I live in Nashville, they just sold for 200 million and nobody cares except maybe a few thousand people. Montreal is taking advantage of it's situation. The ones who can truly change it are you the people that live there and go to games. Just like the players cut us off during the lock-out you could do the same to the city. I guess it comes down to how important it all really is and who will spread the word.

It can be done very easily though with the right person leading the charge.

I don't think anyone cares that much to go balls out for a billionaire who's getting taxed too much (on a very profitable asset). We just feel sympathy for the guy because we too are all getting bilked by the city of montreal and govts. of Quebec & Canada.

I don't think anyone cares that much to go balls out for a billionaire who's getting taxed too much (on a very profitable asset). We just feel sympathy for the guy because we too are all getting bilked by the city of montreal and govts. of Quebec & Canada.

It is not an issue of the owner being a millionaire, billionaire or anything having to do with with owner. The Issue is Strictly what is the building as an asset worth? The Toronto Arena has a lesser value then the Bell centre and that is one of the questions being asked, how can that be when Toronto Maple Leafs are valued higher then the Canadiens. The value of the Bell centre was to reflect a development of the area which I read never occured. If I owned this asset I would also request my attorneys to appleal the valuation for tax purposes. Now back to hockey.