June 1st

montreal

It's coming down to the wire for the deadline to not only sign our prospects, but other teams prospects that could reenter the draft.

Gainey has until Tuesday at 3 pm est to get Lambert and Deveaux inked. That's less then 3 days. One has to think that with the breakout season Lambert has had he will get inked, but then it also brings up another question, what's taking so long. Perhaps money is an issue, or Gainey is not sold on Lambert, or he's just taking his time.

Deveaux has size and is a RH center that's good on face-offs and wil drop the gloves (he once got kicked out of a game in a fight with Habs prospect Andrew Archer :o) But after a strong start he seemed to slip a bit with his consistency. He was 2nd on the team in scoring in the playoffs but also was a team worst -7 in 7 games and led in pims as well with 21. Don't know if he's going to be signed or not, but he would bring some depth and size down the middle and could play in Owen Sound, ECHL or Hamilton next year. I hope he's signed, guess we'll see soon.

But there's also other teams prospects that might not be signed, who perhaps the Habs will be interested in.

Daniel Paille (I'd be interested in for sure)

Martin Vagner (I'd pass personally)

Jonas Johansson (I'd be interested in)

Jeff Deslauriers (not that interested in)

Tim Brent (RH center, slightly interested in)

Brain Lee (somewhat interested in)

Michael Tessier (somewhat interested in)

Patrick Wellar (somewhat interested in)

Jesse Lane (maybe, skilled but attitude problem?)

Drek Krestanovich (not a great year)

Lance Monych (don't know if he's signed, but I'd be very interested)

Aaron Rome (I'd be very interested in)

Rosario Ruggeri (I'd be interested in for sure)

Scott Doben (slightly interested in)

Mark Rooneem (don't know much about him)

Cam Jenssen (poor season stats wise)

Pattick Jarrett (I'd be very interested in if not signed yet)

Kris Newbury (I'd be interest in for sure)

Armands Berzins (somewhat interested in, don't think he's been signed yet)

James Wisniewski (I'd be very interest in)

Jermey Swanson (I'd be very interest in)

Paul Ranger (somewhat interested in)

There's others, but that's most of them. Many will be signed before the dealine, but time is running short. It will be interesting what happens over the next 3 days.

:hlogo:

Dan Paille is a habs fan since birth. He said he was very dissipointed that the Habs didn't draft him in 2002. He wanted to play for us. With that kind of desire to play for the Habs, I'd strongly consider drafting him if he is avaliable.

Good post. Don't know that much of any of thoose exept Jonas Johansson.

To me he seems like a long shot and I think he will be resigned by the Capitals since they are rebuilding.

You can scratch Swanson off that list, as he signed a 3 year deal with Florida today. I was hoping he would re-enter the draft and that we would take him too, I've been watching him in Barrie for 2 seasons now, and he impressed me for the most part.

Out of the rest of the list, I'd be happy if the Habs took Paille, Brent, Jarrett, Newbury, and/or Wisniewski.