Dino Sisto Gone

PMAC

According to Pat Hickey of the Gazette Dino Sisto was cleared of any misconduct regarding his absence from the Habs playoff games, but has still been fired from CJAD. Paul Romanuk is a canidate to replace Dino, but Hickey suggested Dick Irvin. Wouldn't it be great to hear Dick call all of the Habs games on the radio? I cant imagine that he will want to take on that kind of travel schedule though.

Originally posted by PMAC

According to Pat Hickey of the Gazette Dino Sisto was cleared of any misconduct regarding his absence from the Habs playoff games, but has still been fired from CJAD. Paul Romanuk is a canidate to replace Dino, but Hickey suggested Dick Irvin. Wouldn't it be great to hear Dick call all of the Habs games on the radio? I cant imagine that he will want to take on that kind of travel schedule though.

Hey Red Fisher travelled with the habs all last year while covering them for the gazette, and I think he's older then Irvin... So Irvin might be able to handle it :)

Sisto got a raw deal. Gets fired because some girl accuses him of harrassment. What if she wasnt telling the truth? Sisto's reputation is forever ruined because of this one incident...

If he's REALLY guilty, fine! He deserves what he got. But I doubt he really did what he was accused of. (We dont even know "exactly" what he was accused of)

I didn't particularly care for the announcers on CJAD. I usually listened to the games while working, so my attention wasn't fully on the game. It seemed like they got excited when either team scored. I kept thinking the Habs scored, since they were shouting, but in fact the other team scored.

But I doubt they fired him unless they substantiated it. He was placed on suspension in May, giving them plenty of time to look into it. They must have found something.

• 2 months later...

I like Sisto but if Irvin gets the job.. I'll never have the tv volume on again! I miss hearing Irvin's voice.. he IS the voice of the Habs. I was lucky enough to meet him a few times just wondering around a mall near here. Great guy!

Hmm, Irvin would b great, but just about anyone who knows their stuff about the habs would b a good fit. Wouldn't want sum random from Ottawa calling the game...

"he passed the puck"

30 seconds later...

"he blocked the shot"

15 seconds later

"the goal was scored by Richard Rednik"