Site to look at contracts?

les_glorieux

Slim? I see about 10 guys that would look good in a Habs jersey. How many do you want?

He's talking about about the amount of quality guys available this summer. He's right because there isn't that much out there this year.

Hey, I didn't know Naslund's contract is out after this year.

Maybe he wants to come play with Peter, hahahaha.

You're kidding me right? I've only been stressing it everywhere on this board for the last while. :lol: This could go down as one of the BIGGEST summers in Canucks history. Nonis is going to have a very tough summer deciding who to keep. Thing is Nazzy has basically said it's Vancouver or retire and it's ridiculous trying to think of Nazzy playing anywhere else. Dave either risks keeping Nazzy and getting a star to play with him or tears apart the forward core and builds it all up this offseason.

I'm sure Nonis will do a solid job this summer but if he doesn't, he's in BIG BIG BIG trouble. I'm basically guarenteeing you're going to see Vancouver make a lot of noise. :B)

Nazzy on the Avs would be a bad thing because I know for a fact that on the Avs he'd find his game. A team that plays an offensive game off the rush is Nazzy's ideal situation. Now do you see why I wanted Richards so badly? :P

Yeah, I was kidding, I don't want another big forward acquisition in the offseason.

And if I did, I sure as hell wouldn't pick Naslund, lol.

:P

You know what I wouldn't mind? The Avs signing Nazzy to a 6 million dollar contract. :D

Watch, he'd put up like 90 points.

I know. It stops you from doing much with other players though. ;) You'd probably be able to keep Foote though nonetheless so whatever.

He's not the captain that's going to lead us to a cup anyways. I'd rather see him finish strongly with a friend in Foppa than finish horribly.

Yeah, if we wanted Naslund then we'd have to ditch Forsberg. Makes it kind of pointless.

Especially when you think they both play LW now. Unless Naslund wants to play RW and take the cut, it wouldn't happen. Imagine that first line though.

Forsberg-Sakic-Naslund.

Damn.

Yeah, if we wanted Naslund then we'd have to ditch Forsberg. Makes it kind of pointless.

Especially when you think they both play LW now. Unless Naslund wants to play RW and take the cut, it wouldn't happen. Imagine that first line though.

Forsberg-Sakic-Naslund.

Damn.

I know, it's downright sick to think how dangerous that line could be. It's not even funny. I can only dream of the Canucks having something that even resembles that in my lifetime.

Nazzy plays RW with the Sedins so he's used to playing there now. I can't see Nonis letting him go, watch him sign a 2.5-3 mill deal. 3 mill tops or I'll be mad. Nonis just better aquire that star player to play with him.

I know, it's downright sick to think how dangerous that line could be. It's not even funny. I can only dream of the Canucks having something that even resembles that in my lifetime.

Nazzy plays RW with the Sedins so he's used to playing there now. I can't see Nonis letting him go, watch him sign a 2.5-3 mill deal. 3 mill tops or I'll be mad. Nonis just better aquire that star player to play with him.

Yeah, I don't see him hitting the UFA market either. And like I said, I want to add a d-man

Redden would look amazing in an Avs jersey.

Yeah, I don't see him hitting the UFA market either. And like I said, I want to add a d-man

Redden would look amazing in an Avs jersey.

:ninja:

He's talking about about the amount of quality guys available this summer. He's right because there isn't that much out there this year.

Hossa, Sakic, Redden, Naslund, Sundin, Forsberg, Demitra, Holik, Nagy, Morrison, Conroy, Roberts, Shanahan, Langkow, Rolston, Avery, Recchi, Stillman, Selanne, Malone, Huselius, Gelinas, Chelios.

Do we have a differing definition of "quality"?

Hossa, Sakic, Redden, Naslund, Sundin, Forsberg, Demitra, Holik, Nagy, Morrison, Conroy, Roberts, Shanahan, Langkow, Rolston, Avery, Recchi, Stillman, Selanne, Malone, Huselius, Gelinas, Chelios.

Uh, a lot of those guys will re-sign with their teams. There won't be much left.

What Jets said.

The ones bolded are likely not there. Bang. Possibly even more when guys like Malone re-sign as well. Rolston I hope to god signs in Vancouver but I can see him staying in Minny as well. Sundin is a myth but who knows.

Hossa - Looking for a payday.

Redden - After being asked to waive his NTC he might want to look elsewhere maybe.

Sundin - Will likely stay in TO, but who really knows. Retirement if he can't go back? Doubt it though.

Demitra - Doesn't like Minny apparently.

Holik - Can see him going.

Nagy - Meh.

Morrison - Depends how he plays down the stretch. Willing to take a discount to stay and I have a feeling he could.

Conroy - Depends on the Flames cap space.

Roberts - Probably Ottawa.

Shanahan - Could leave the big apple.

Rolston - You guys already know...:D

Huselius - Too inconsistent IMO but we'll see.

There's plenty available even after Thornton, Heatley, Iginla, Alfredsson, Spezza, Lidstrom, etc, etc all signed big extensions.

There's plenty available even after Thornton, Heatley, Iginla, Alfredsson, Spezza, Lidstrom, etc, etc all signed big extensions.

You'll see what I mean soon enough.

What Jets said.

The ones bolded are likely not there. Bang. Possibly even more when guys like Malone re-sign as well. Rolston I hope to god signs in Vancouver but I can see him staying in Minny as well. Sundin is a myth but who knows.

Hossa - Looking for a payday.

Redden - After being asked to waive his NTC he might want to look elsewhere maybe.

Sundin - Will likely stay in TO, but who really knows. Retirement if he can't go back? Doubt it though.

Demitra - Doesn't like Minny apparently.

Holik - Can see him going.

Nagy - Meh.

Morrison - Depends how he plays down the stretch. Willing to take a discount to stay and I have a feeling he could.

Conroy - Depends on the Flames cap space.

Roberts - Probably Ottawa.

Shanahan - Could leave the big apple.

Rolston - You guys already know...:D

Huselius - Too inconsistent IMO but we'll see.

I'll be surprised if they keep him, he hasn't been very good this year (atleast not according to what hes being paid). Huselius and Langkow will both be looking for a payday and it remains to be seen if they can keep both, let alone one. I'd Langkow stays in Calgary for sure while Huselius leaves.

Compared to the big names of the last few years however, this upcoming UFA period really does pale in comparison. A lot of 2nd tier players available but its slim pickings if you want to add a top line player.

I think we might see some restraint from GM's this year.

Can't imagine anyone aside from Hossa getting anywhere near what Briere, Drury, Gomez, etc scored last offseason. Lots of second tier forwards (reclaimation projects like Holik and Nagy).

In terms of defenders, Campbell will probably ink something around Boyle's contract, Redden in the 4-5.5M range. Blake and Foote I'd imagine would have to take a bit of a paycut wherever they end up.

As for goalies, slim pickings. Theodore, Huet and Kolzig headline the possible list.