Anybody else just want to punch Sean Avery in the head?

The-Habby2919

Exactly, if he says this to a reported one can only imagine what say's ON The ICE!

Maybe Marty should have started waving his hands, putting his blocker into Avery's face..................... :rolleyes:

To get respect you have to earn it, and in this case I have no problem with Marty not even acknowledging Avery...

Well that just proves that Sean Avery did a remarkable job, and really got under Marty Brodeur's skin. Avery did everything he could to help the Rangers beat Brodeur and the Devils, he kept it legal, and he was certainly a factor in this series.

For that, he deserves some respect.

Maybe if guys like Begin and Lapierre - who are supposed to be agitators and energy guys - played like Sean Avery, our series would be over already.

Edited by CerebusClone

Well that just proves that Sean Avery did a remarkable job, and really got under Marty Brodeur's skin. Avery did everything he could to help the Rangers beat Brodeur and the Devils, he kept it legal, and he was certainly a factor in this series.

For that, he deserves some respect.

Maybe if guys like Begin and Lapierre - who are supposed to be agitators and energy guys - played like Sean Avery, our series would be over already.

We don't need it and the Habs organisation would not allow such a classless demonstration.

The Rangers won, but there's a bad /funny taste to it.

I don't think Avery had to lose Brodeur's respect in order to win the series. Plus, you gotta have respect for the greatest goalie alltime. Same thing for Tootoo vs Chelios. Play tough but keep a respectful attitude.

We don't need it and the Habs organisation would not allow such a classless demonstration.

The Rangers won, but there's a bad /funny taste to it.

I don't think Avery had to lose Brodeur's respect in order to win the series. Plus, you gotta have respect for the greatest goalie alltime. Same thing for Tootoo vs Chelios. Play tough but keep a respectful attitude.

Claude Lemieux didn't win four Stanley Cups by being a class act in the playoffs, and he sure didn't win the Conn Smythe by being polite with Jagr, Lindros, and Yzerman in the 1995 playoffs. Just in one series against Detroit in the 1996 playoffs, he got suspended for sucker-punching Slava Kozlov, I believe 2 games for crashing Kris Drapers' head into the boards, and got so much under their skin that Scotty Bowman apparently verbally assaulted him in the parking lot.

Lemieux always did everything he could to help his team win in the playoffs, and Sean Avery is doing just that. At least, he's keeping everything legal so far.

Anyways, Brodeur is now on vacation while Sean Avery is moving on to the next round.

there was a bit of creative spark there, have to admit.

lol I thought of that move ages ago, and have always wanted to use it. The other one is to stand behind the net, reach over and swing your stick in front of the goalie's eyes like a pendulum - and you're standing behind the net so no one can push you away.