Avs should hire Ron Wilson

Mils

Ron Wilson would be an excellent choice for Colorado's next coach.

First: The guy wins. The Avs problem since the lockout has been consistent regular season performance. If they could put together a few more solid performances here and there, they'd be a 3-6 seed more regularly, instead of scraping to get in late in the season.

Second: He has fostered goaltenders. Under his eye, Nabokov has been a consistent star, and he juggled Nabokov and Kiprusoff well in 2002-2003. He is more consistent than Quinneville.

Third: He has a good balanced system. During his time in San Jose he has allowed both forwards and defensemen to succeed. He isn't all offense or all defense.

Fourth: He's experienced. No more of this Tony Granato/Bob Hartley stuff, hiring coaches who have no experience. Bring in a guy who has winning as a head coach in his past.

Fifth: Players will respect him. He's been around, he knows what he's doing.

Finally: He is a bit more of a task master than any of our coaches since the Avs came here in 95. We need a bit more regimentation because we cannot rely on just pure skill to win anymore.

Needless to say, I like John Tortorella too.

Good points and I wouldn't be overly torn if we got Ron Wilson but:

First: Winning in the regular season and winning in the playoffs are two seperate things and his success in the playoffs haven't been great. Mind you, I believe there is something wrong with some of the players on the team so it makes you think. The fact he couldn't get a team with that kind of talent level over that hump is worrysome to be honest.

Second: San Jose has always had an eye for goaltending talent. I agree that Wilson knows how to handle goalies better, but the quality of goaltending between the two teams are the opposite.

Third: Similar situation in Colorado. Wilson just has had a greater variety of players to work with. While San Jose has it's scorers, they've had talented grinders with the likes of Mike Grier, Torrey Mitchell etc. While Colorado has a few, we don't have any "real" checking lines to do the matching games other coaches do like AV in Vancouver and Carlyle in Anaheim. Just an example for a system but the Avs really don't have any high end d-men or 3rd line centers to really balance out their lineup.

Fourth: Obviously I agree here.

Five: Once again I agree but sometimes it's not a good thing.

Finally: He is more of a task master but is he the right guy for THIS team? I really don't know and don't think he would.

Just my quick interpretation of the situation.

I'm going to say it again but I want Kevin Dineen. :P

Nope. I read up until the argument about whether or not Stealth knew who "Grapes" was and lost interest.

Don't worry about it. "Dumb." was incredibly insightful. :clap:

Nope. I read up until the argument about whether or not Stealth knew who "Grapes" was and lost interest.

Thanks man, I try my best. Glad to be of service. :)

From now on, I will call you "Grapes". Maybe I shouldn't though because that would be complimenting you. :)

From now on, I will call you "Grapes". Maybe I shouldn't though because that would be complimenting you. :)

If there's a veiled insult here, I don't get it.

Even if it's not veiled, I still don't get it.

Edited by Mils

If there's a veiled insult here, I don't get it.

Even if it's not veiled, I still don't get it.

Grapes is a bum. ;)

Grapes is a bum. ;)

Excellent. At least I understand what you're getting at now, even if I don't really understand why.

But at leasat you cleared it up for me. Thank you.

Excellent. At least I understand what you're getting at now, even if I don't really understand why.

But at leasat you cleared it up for me. Thank you.

I'm scared to ask you all mighty AVS FAN that if we got Torts, could we get Lecavalier? Possible yes?

I'm scared to ask you all mighty AVS FAN that if we got Torts, could we get Lecavalier? Possible yes?

They'd both be excellent additions. There would be salary cap concerns.

They'd both be excellent additions. There would be salary cap concerns.

There's a cap? Oh mighty AVS FAN! Tell me more!

There's a cap? Oh mighty AVS FAN! Tell me more!

:huh:

Another duplicate thread. Could a mod please delete? Thanks.

Edited by Mils