ryder contract

They aren't.

Toronto is gonna rip us off. I have a feeling that Michael Ryder is such a big fan off the Leafs that he is going to do a judas.

Hope Im wrong, but to me it's seems kind off odd that they didn't gave Ryder no.1 priority.

Ryder is probably on vacation right now and hockey is the last thing on his mind. Either way he got his qualifying offer, he didn't refused it, or accept it since it would be in the news.

And I doubt he'll slip away, like I posted before, he's a restricted free agent. The Habs can match any offer from any team to keep him here.

Now that I think about it, why wouldn't he want to play in Montreal?

Give it time, I'm sure that BG and Ryder's agent are talking. Like alwayz, the agent is trying to get a ton of money for Ryder because well, look at the breakout season he had. BG prob wants a much cheaper, long-term contract. 3 seems to be the magic number... as most of our key players are signing for that.

I hope Gainey gives Ryder a multi-year deal. Ryder has been showing impressive numbers wherever he plays. He's a great young addition to the team who hopefully will remain in Montreal throghout the rest of his career.

does anybody have a stat on how frequently a restricted free agent changes teams? I know that it took almost a decade for Scott Stevens to be the first player to do it after restriction was introduced...

This is all my way of saying everybody who you see restricted on the habs free agent list will be back.

According to this article Ryder rejected the Habs qualifying offer

http://www2.canoe.com/sports/nouvelles/arc...810-163430.html

Souray le prochain [Next one to be signed]

Deux joueurs autonomes avec restriction sont toujours sans contrat chez le Canadien. Il s'agit du défenseur Sheldon Souray et de l'attaquant Michael Ryder.  

«Nous négocions toujours avec les représentants de Souray, a indiqué Gainey. Le cas de Ryder est différent. Nous lui avons fait une offre qualificative qu'il a rejetée. Son dossier sera examiné plus tard.»  

So that sucks. Ryder rejected a qualifying offer. Not surprised though. He's a great player with a great future. Not surprised he wants more than 670 000$ (his qualifying offer).

[Edited on 2004/8/11 by Tony]