Belfour out of World Cup, Theodore in !

Toren

Well, at least something is looking up. According to TSN, Belfour has resigned from Team Canada due to back problems.

Gretz is gonna talk to Lowe and Tambellini and see who will replace him. Theo is supposed to be the front runner, but I don't know if they want to go with two young goalies with little international experience in case Brodeur does go down with an injury. Theo should have played in the World Championships last year, then he'd probably be the unanimous choice.

[Edited on 2004/8/9 by Toren]

Edited title, Added "Theodore in!"

[Edited on 2004-8-10 by sakiqc]

:lol: Mikael Tellqvist get ready to play in the big leagues next season.

God, the season hasn't even started, and probably long gone from starting by the way CBA talks are going right now and Belfour is ALREADY complaining about his back. Man will he be screwed when someone body checks him.

:lol: Only 2 more years to go on his deal. I'm sure Trevor Kidd wished he didn't play like crap last season. What did they say on RDS? "Trevor Kidd n'est meme pas capable d'arreter un balon de plage" (Trevor Kidd can't even stop a beach ball).

:lol: On the bright side, I do like Tellqvist. Good luck to him and I hope he can hold the team and the crazy Toronto fans on his shoulder throughout the time Belfour is out. Hopefully he won't crack and he sure as hell needs that luck.

http://www.habsworld.net/show_big_news.php?id=665

Habsworld quick on the ole uptake yet again.

Theo is in!

Now it's time to hope that Marty's (ex-?) wife finds a way to detain him in the US with questions about a divorce settlement, and Roberto Luongo gets a bad case of narcolepsy from not facing 40+ shots a night.

THEN Theo is in!

:can: