Kostitsyn under contract ... finally!

bombTHEice

Great to hear. Hope that we can see him in habs's uniform shortly :D.

It's occured to me, that, for 2 years in a row, our first round draft pick has been a very skilled player, in one sense or another, who was simply passed on by the other team. Hopefully this luck will prove well for the habs in the futur... (as long as those prospects can stay healthy)

Anyone else think that injury curse has been lifted yet?... The habs have had terrible luck in the past couple years with injuries. Last season wasn't too bad. (Except when Zednik went down late in the playoffs)

Injury curse seems to be gone... but you never know when it might appear.

As far as Kostitsyn goes, he will be at the rookie camp in Pierrefond that's from September 7-14. I want to go on weekends, any clue how to get there? (Details with bus and train if possible, I hope to see some HabsWorld staff there too ;D )

Seems like Habsworld.net were right afterall he signed on august 4th (look at the date in the communiqué de presse)

http://www.canadiens.com/fre/news/r...newsItemID=3890

Yup.. Habsworld.net was right on the money, they caught the Habs marketing department with their pants down last week.

Good job.

He'll be in Hamilton next year, strike or not... let him get used to NA on & off the ice in the AHL, while Jarvis will teach him our system as well.

Best case scenario he makes the jump in the 2nd half, but I expect a full year in Hamilton myself.

I hope he plays in Hamilton. Last thing the team needs is for Andrei to play in the NHL level when is he isn't mature enough or ready. You don't encounter talent like him everyday.

edit: typo

[Edited on 2004/8/10 by Tony]

Originally posted by Tony

Injury curse seems to be gone... but you never know when it might appear.  

As far as Kostitsyn goes, he will be at the rookie camp in Pierrefond that's from September 7-14. I want to go on weekends, any clue how to get there? (Details with bus and train if possible, I hope to see some HabsWorld staff there too ;D )

I'd love to be there, but I will not be able to make it as I am on vacation (in europe) till September the 12th (having loads of fun btw) ... I'll see if I can catch the final 2 days of camp, and I'll definitely be at the tourney.

Btw: Great news on the Kostitsyn signing

• 2 weeks later...

According to Kostitsyn's Russian teams' website, the Habs have completely bought his rights, so there should be no further complications from here on in.

Руководство Хоккейного клуба ЦСКА официально сообщает, что совершена сделка по продаже нападающего Андрея Костицына в клуб Национальной Хоккейной Лиги "Монреаль Канадиенс". Трансферная сумма клубом ЦСКА получена в полном объеме и все права на А.Костицына переданы клубу "Монреаль".  

A loose translation:

The executives of the CSKA hockey club have officially announced that there is a cash settlement regarding the acquisition of forward Andrei Kostitsyn by the Montreal Canadiens. CSKA received all of the transfer money, therefore all rights to Kostitsyn have been granted to the Habs.

http://www.cska-hockey.ru/

Gainey said there was no problem getting Kostitsyn. Apparently they bought off his contracts for cheap because he wasn't eligible to play in some tournaments and league. Can't remember why but I think it has to do something with him being born when the communists where around.

Gainey said there was no problem getting Kostitsyn. Apparently they bought off his contracts for cheap because he wasn't eligible to play in some tournaments and league. Can't remember why but I think it has to do something with him being born when the communists where around.

It has to do with him not being Russian, so he was considered an import... and an import who is barely used has little value.

We were happy to take him, Russia was happy to let him go, he was happy to come... everyone is happy.

Heh, I'd like to see how pissed the Russians will be when Ovechkin is gone. Caps have to pay up 2 million for his transfer. Wouldn't it suck ass if he doesn't live up to the hype. We'll see in a few weeks when the World Cup begins.

Heh, I'd like to see how pissed the Russians will be when Ovechkin is gone. Caps have to pay up 2 million for his transfer. Wouldn't it suck ass if he doesn't live up to the hype. We'll see in a few weeks when the World Cup begins.

From what I understand AO's contract expires after next season, so I don't think they will have to pay 2M, as he won't be under contract with them. It will be interesting to see how it all pans out.