Perezhogin charged

dinamo

This is bull. The only diff. between him and the other guy was that P actually connected, while retaliating. If someone tried to decapitate me during a game (given the heat of the moment) I would try to make the initiator pay. Hopefully he can play in the NHL if there is a season.

I hope things work out for Perezhogin. I still think he should not have been suspended for a full season while the other jackass only gets off with 6 games. In my opinion Stafford should also be charged with attempting to cause bodily harm because for fuc*ing well sure he took the first swing.

Me 2, i like the guy, and found it hard 2 believe he did such a thing. But in the heat of the game, all the adrenaline, everything is possible. The other guy started it and should be punished harder than Perezhogin. Maybe i'm not honest cuz i'm a habs Fan, but i found i hard to believe the guy only gets 6 games.

I hope Perezhogin will be back better than ever and kicks some serious ass in the NHL!! He deserves that!!

[Edited on 2004/8/27 by Dutch_Hab_Fan]

Difference in organzations and players

Bertuzzi and Canucks: Pisses and moans the whole time, excepts no responsibility, Burke blames everyone except Bertuzzi.

Perehozgin and Canadiens: Hogin takes full responsibility despite Stafford being partly at fault. He takes it like a man and the organzation makes no excuses.

Pretty sad that Hogin is gonna made an example of. I can think of several other similiar if not much worse attacks that were ignored. Remember Suter's crosscheck on Kariya? of Granato slamming Wilkinson over the head with his stick? Johnson suck punching Bekueboom and ending his career? Belak with a similar slash on Vaananen? None of them were charged, yet all of a sudden everyone is so mortfied when Hogin does it and wants to hang him outside of Copps.

Dany Heatley, Craig MacTavish kill people and never pay for it. Tibbetts raps a girl and shots a cop yet it's almost excepted. But Hogin defending himself against some idiot swinging his stick at him? Well hook up the electric chair cause he needs to be fried.

The hypocracy and bullshit around this is enough to make one sick.

[Edited on 2004/8/27 by Leafs Suck]

He also went to play in Europe in the World Championships, he is also taking part in the World Cup.

If you or I did that, you think we'd be allowed to travel all over and go back to work? Hell no. A little consistancy would be nice here.

It's a shame that so many people wanna make an example of Hogin, and act like Stafford is the victim.

The only thing that concerns me about Perezhogin's case right now is will he not be aloud to enter the country if he's charged or something.

As far as him being charged, I doubt he'll go to jail. Maybe serve some community service. Either way, if this guy gets more penalty time than Todd then this is stupid. Stafford will be alright and play hockey again some day. What about Steve Moore? Wouldn't it suck if the last time he was playing the game he loves the only memory of that day would be him getting carried out of a stretcher because some goon couldn't ######in' keep his emotions on check instead of concentrating on scoring and helping his team win.

...Moore didn't take the first swing, Strafford did. No similarity here other than they were all playing hockey.

Hang Todd , go light on Alex. That would make sense.

If a jail term is handed to him :( could that be the end of his career, surely there is no hockey league for prisoners in the Hamilton-Wentworth region, or anywhere for that matter. Doe's anybody know the loop holes in our leagal system?

[Edited on 2004/8/31 by dinamo]

I have the video clip of this incident on my harddrive and must have seen it 20 times now. It wasn't that bad.. and Stanfford should have been handed the bigger suspension. "Hozin is being penalized on his accuracy and the state of the other guy's injuries - not on his actions.