Who's Brock Trotter?

REV-G

I've seen the name Brock Trotter pop up in the past few weeks and I hadn't really noticed him before. Evidently a few journalists said he really stood out and was noticed during an intra-squad game recently. All I know about him is that he is 21 and plays centre.

Does anyone have any other info on him?

He played for DU, had good offensive numbers. He has good skill, good in open ice, decent speed. He is a little soft and has some character issues. he was dismissed from the team, the local papers here didn't say much about it but it was suggested he stole some crdet / debt cards from team mates.

I guess the question is character and does he have enough to make it in the NHl.

He's a smallish offensive centre from Manitoba. He became a star player for one of the top programs in the NCAA before being expulsed from the University of Denver for some mysterious reasons (last time I checked we still didn't know why), which lead him to sign a profesionnal contract with the Canadiens, although there were a lot of teams interested.

He's 5'10" and now about 185lbs, he's got some good speed, as well as great vision and playmaking abilities. He should anchor one of the two top offensive lines in Hamilton, and will thus get a chance to show the organigation whether he can compete at the pro level.

He played for DU, had good offensive numbers. He has good skill, good in open ice, decent speed. He is a little soft and has some character issues. he was dismissed from the team, the local papers here didn't say much about it but it was suggested he stole some crdet / debt cards from team mates.

I guess the question is character and does he have enough to make it in the NHl.

Here in Denver, the credit card fraud rumor has not surfaced, as there were no criminal charges levelled against Brock (if there were, they didn't make it to the papers). The assumption here is that it was grades or NCAA eligibility related because of the timing (he left between semesters) and George Gwozdecky's insistence that there weren't legal troubles, but Brock simply couldn't play for the team any more.

Mils, you are correct, it was alleged from a news paper article. I think i read it on the DU website somewhere. No charges were brought, i would speculate the charges were dropped if he left campus or something to that effect.