HNIC shines spotlight on Canadiens

Habsfan

here's the link!

http://www.canada.com/montrealgazette/news...4e-b9e75f915114

HNIC shines spotlight on Canadiens

CBC schedule includes 25 Habs games

CBC released its complete Hockey Night in Canada schedule yesterday and the Canadiens will be featured 25 times, more than any other Canadian NHL team. The Toronto Maple Leafs will be featured 24 times in the 87-game CBC schedule for the 2008-09 season.

The CBC schedule includes 25 all-Canadian matchups, five tripleheaders, 10 afternoon games, the traditional Saturday night doubleheaders, the 2008 Hall of Fame Game, Original Six Saturday, the 2009 NHL Winter Classic, the ninth annual Hockey Day in Canada and the 57th NHL All-Star Game at the Bell Centre on Jan. 25.

CBC announced the addition of 18 games to its schedule, including 10 Canadiens and eight Ottawa Senators games.

The addition of these games to an already strong broadcast schedule allows us to cater to a wider spectrum of hockey fans," said Scott Moore, executive director, CBC Sports. "Montreal and Ottawa are vibrant hockey markets and this reinforces our commitment to bringing viewers the most comprehensive coverage of Canadian NHL teams."

The first Canadiens game on HNIC will be Saturday, Oct. 11 when they face the Maple Leafs.

The complete Hockey Night in Canada schedule is available on habsinsideout.com

© The Gazette (Montreal) 2008

Well that is good news! :clap: :ghg: :hlogo:

There will be very few national games featuring the habs, unless they are playing the leafs.

What this means is they will have more regional Habs games available. Nice, but I am not going to celebrate until the leaf fans needs Leaf TV to get the Saturday leaf game, because they are showing the Habs Nationally. :)

I also hope the get rid of all the pro leaf homers on the show...

There will be very few national games featuring the habs, unless they are playing the leafs.

Well, the Habs games were more frequently the national game last season than the season before, especially toward the end when the Leafs were out of it. We can hope that they don't wait until then to make the change this year. Or that the Leafs collapse early and often. Or both.

Anyway, I can get the regional Habs games as well, even though I'm in south-central Ontario, through the time-shifting CBC channels (which may or may not be available, depending on your cable package).

Unforutnately, my timeshifting package only has CBC Toronto and CBC Vancouver in addition to CBC Saskatchewan, so it'll have to be on either the Prairie or BC broadcasts for me to see it on CBC when it goes head to head with Toronto.

Personally, I think they will start showing Montreal on the national casts a bit more often. Scott Moore seems genuinely embarassed by the whole notion of it being Hockey Night in Toronto.

Whatever, really. RDS has taken over.

Are you sure? How do you know?

Nice, but I am not going to celebrate until the leaf fans needs Leaf TV to get the Saturday leaf game, because they are showing the Habs Nationally.

Agreed!

Personally, I think they will start showing Montreal on the national casts a bit more often. Scott Moore seems genuinely embarassed by the whole notion of it being Hockey Night in Toronto.

I hope you are right!

Are you sure? How do you know?

Agreed!

I hope you are right!

They have the leafs scheduled for every Saturday game. They said they added more regional games to support the Ottawa and Montreal markets.

I hope I am wrong, but I suspect unless the leafs totally tank it, they will be be Ontario and East, plus the maritimes most Saturday nights. If they totally blow, late in the season we might see some National Habs games...

I will be watching RDS HD in any case. HNIC jumped the shark a number of years ago when they decided to be HNIT.

They have the leafs scheduled for every Saturday game. They said they added more regional games to support the Ottawa and Montreal markets.

I hope I am wrong, but I suspect unless the leafs totally tank it, they will be be Ontario and East, plus the maritimes most Saturday nights. If they totally blow, late in the season we might see some National Habs games...

I will be watching RDS HD in any case. HNIC jumped the shark a number of years ago when they decided to be HNIT.

Like or not, the Leafs have by far the largest audience in Canada as far as CBC is concerned, so it only makes sense that the Leafs get the priority on Saturday nights; the Canadiens wouldn't be far behind if it weren't for the language thing, but a large number of hockey fans in Quebec will prefer French broadcasting. As someone mentionned in The Gazette (I think), most people in Robertval didn't even recognize Don Cherry when he walked to centre ice during the intermission.