The Chipchura Case

KoZed

Ya, only because he can bury what Saku is giving him. Saks is playing like he always has, only now he has someone to finish. So I wouldn't only credit him without at least mentioning Saku in the sentence.

More importantly, Koivu finally has someone on his line who can pass the puck back, and also generate scoring opportunities. In the past, Koivu had to do everything, and then pray his wingers woudl actually put at least one behind the goalie. This also means that when Koivu will get a somewhat off game, which happens to everyone, he can still pick up a point or 2. All this is what made the difference between 60-75 point seasons and 80-90+ point season during his career (not including injuries).

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ya, only because he can bury what Saku is giving him. Saks is playing like he always has, only now he has someone to finish. So I wouldn't only credit him without at least mentioning Saku in the sentence.

But also only now does Saku have a true powerforward winger who can hit, win battles along the boards and be a tough body to move from around the crease. So I wouldnt only credit Saks without at least mentioning Lats in the sentence... :P