Souray to Russia, Ryder to Germany...

puck7x

Well, as much as I think we would all like to rather have them playing in a Habs uniform, its good to see them getting action elsewhere, to at least stay in game form... Must suck though to have to leave everything behind over here, to play on the other side of the ocean.

With many players taking this route, its obvious that some of the older veterans with families and such, will decide to stick at home, thus, losing them if there is a long lock out for good. (Because they'll get out of shape and such.)

Its a sad time for NHL hockey fans everywhere.

Thats true, but it's also a great opportunity for us european fans 2 see them in the rink (more often than just on a holiday in north america). Absolutely mixed feelings, because we like the NHL and it should go on. Greatest league on earth!!! But now we got the chance 2 see our heroes more often.

True, i wish i had a satalite or something so i could maybe be able to follow some of the games out in europe but, i dont kno. I'm hoping some of the channels will be playing the minor league games around here such as the Bulldogs... So i can continue to watch the greatest game on earth!!!

Originally posted by Dutch_Habs_Fan

For sure if he's gonna play in Germany, i'll be there!! Realy wanna see ryder play!!  

It's not Germany ... if he'll play in Europe it's Sweden as said in the article Spider-Man has posted yesterday.

BTW: Huet won his first game yesterday 6-2 ... quite a good performance, Andy Delmore scored also 2 goals for the Mannheim Adler.

In the next few weeks I'll drive a couple of weekends to the Czech Republic, especially Prag which is only about an hour away from me. Watching Jagr and his buddies will be fun ... :P

I hope Sportsnet starts showing more freakin' AHL games this season. They mainly show Bulldogs game and I think they only showed like 12-15 matches last season.

I got to see Balej score that ######in' sweet shorthanded goal when he passed the puck on his skate. It was so nice my face was glued to the screen everytime they replayed it.

I thought i read in another article he was set to go to germany. Btw Rick Nash is going to play with Thornton in Swiss. (also close for you??)

Davos is a bit far away from me, about 4-6 hours with the car.

But a friend is living there and she promised me that she'll boo Thornton for me, though she's a die hard HCD fan. :P

BTW: She gave me a link where you can see highlights of every game there:

http://www.sfdrs.ch/system/frames/highligh...uell/archiv.php

I hope this link will work.

(is there somewhere a list where all the nhl players play this season?)

Here is one from the IIHF:

http://www.iihf.com/news/iihfpr8704.htm

[Edited on 23-9-04 by habsfannr1]

Michael Ryder will play for Leksands IF in the swedish second division.

The second division is sweden is called "Allsvenskan" and the winner has the chance to qualify for Elitserien.

I posted in antother thread that Souray will play for Färjestad in Sweden. I also posted a link.

otherwise... www.farjestadsbk.se

I don't know really.

But Leksand is one of the most clasical hockey clubs in Sweden. They have supporter all over the country and while Leksand played in the Elitserien they where the team that filled the arenas with more people than usual.

Leksands goal is to get back to the Elitserien. I think that there's two teams that have a better chance than the others. Leksand and Skellefteå AIK.

Leksand also has Johan Hedberg and the former Habs player Johan Witehall.