Sundin the Canuck

alexstream

He's a huge hypocrite and I have definitely lost a lot of respect for him. It wasnt entirely that he didnt want to be a rental player. Sundin said that he didnt believe in joining a team if he wasnt there from the beginning of the season as the primary reason why he wouldnt waive his NTC. The very next season he goes and does exactly that. :rolleyes:

Again this is not entirely the same thing. Sundin was invested with the Maple Leafs, he took an engagement with Toronto when he signed his contract, and it was is prerogative to follow it through. He decided to win or lose with the organization, in my opinion that's the complete opposite of an hypocrite. Don't people complain that players just don't care anymore about their organization, and are ready to jump ship at the first opportunity? In this case, Sundin is still taking an engagement with a single team, the only difference is that he's joining them in December instead of September.

By the way it doesn't mention anywhere that teams have the right to dump players for draft picks during the last year of the contract... if anyone lacked class, it was the Maple Leafs organization for wanting to break their engagement with most of their veteran players.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree what the Laffs tried to do to him was classless but that doesnt mean Sundin isnt a hypocrite. Well if he isnt a hypocrite than he is definitely a liar for giving the reasons he gave for not waiving his NTC.

Sundin specifically said that he doesnt beleive in joining teams in progress and that to fit in on a team and be a real part of a team that you have to be there from training camp and opening day. Last time I checked the Nucks training camp ended when every other teams did, and that was months ago and we are now in December and the season didnt just start. So just how exactly is Sundin not a hypocrite?

Seems some people are desperately holding on to the notion that Sundin is a classy person. ;)

Come on! Take the jump. You know he's a classless biyatch, just say it. It feels to good. Say it. SAY IT!

I agree what the Laffs tried to do to him was classless but that doesnt mean Sundin isnt a hypocrite. Well if he isnt a hypocrite than he is definitely a liar for giving the reasons he gave for not waiving his NTC.

Sundin specifically said that he doesnt beleive in joining teams in progress and that to fit in on a team and be a real part of a team that you have to be there from training camp and opening day. Last time I checked the Nucks training camp ended when every other teams did, and that was months ago and we are now in December and the season didnt just start. So just how exactly is Sundin not a hypocrite?

It amazes me how seriously people take players quotes, 99% of the they're old clichés and a bunch of BS because they're forced to speak to the media. It's like when Kovalev said he liked playing with Ribeiro, people used that quote a lot, but really was Kovalev going to say otherwise in front the the Montreal media?

Sundin only said whatever he tought the media wanted to hear, they were lucky he even took time to justify hios decision because truth be told he didn't have to. He signed with the Maple Leafs, and wanted to finish the season in Toronto... end of line.

Also again this is a little different. Sundin didn't take an engagement with one team just to jump ship mid-way through the season. He's still a one-team man, except this time he joined them third-way into the season. This would also had been the case if he had been injured... we'll just call this a psychological injury... ;)