Ex-Habs players that you're glad are Ex-Habs...

Habs13

With the recent anti-action throughout what was the league, a few names have popped up and made me say out loud, to nobody in particular, "Geeee, I'm glad this clown isn't a habs anymore".

Trevor Linden ; Head of the comitee pitted against the fans and the game.

Vincent Damphousse ; Linden's right-hand man. Minister of stupid smiles.

Chris Chellios ; For comments made against Habs legend, Jean Beliveau.

Then, of course, is the list of players I'm glad are gone due to their lack of talent or comitment to the team. Vladimir Malakhov, Mariusz Czechawski (Or however it is you spell "Worthless" in Polish) , Donald Audette, Andrei Kovalenko. There's probably more that I can't think of just yet.

Anybody care to add to the list? Or dispute my choices? Lets get some hockey talk going people.. I miss the game!

:hlogo:

[Edited on 2004/11/12 by Habs13]

[Edited on 2004-12-29 by puck7x]

Nothing bad really.. I just dislike Chellios and thought that ex-Habs players speaking against Beliveau was the wrong thing to do. There's a video of Chellios disgusing the Beliveau article on Tsn.ca

That I am <b>glad</b> are ex-habs?

- Patrick Traverse (no expanation needed)

- Martin Rucinsky (biggest floater in the world)

- Brian Savage (The season doesnt end in November)

- Turner Stevenson (Overrated, plus he made some stupid comments about the Canadiens organization while he was in NJ)

- Trevor Linden (Psst Trevor, the prime of a players career is supposed to start in the late twenties/early-thirties, not end)

- Shayne Corson, the 2nd time with the habs (Wish we had kept Turgeon... We did not get equal return on that trade)

- Jonas Hoglund (just never liked him much as a habs)

- Scott Lachance (see above)

- Christian Laflamme (ugh....)

- Jim Campbell (... :puke: )

- Sergei Berezin/Czerkawski (same type of players... soft goalscorers who never scored goals)

I could also list all the fringe players (X.Delisle, Dawe, Lind, Barry Richter) from our crap years of 98-01 , but why bother... the list is too long

Originally posted by Fanpuck33

Jeff Hackett hands down.  I hated that trade with Chicago and I just never liked him.

Stevenson over-rated?  I never even thought he was rated, haha.

Lol yeah, Stevenson rated? hehe

I do agree with Hackett. Didn't like his attitude.

I'd say Kilger and Patrick Roy

What about a "Ex-Habs players you're sad are Ex-Habs"? I'd have a few names :)

Edit: Forget it, i saw the new thread :/) lol

[Edited on 2004-11-12 by sakiqc]

Chad Kilger!

I just hope that Craig Rivet can be added to this list in a short time. I don't dislike hm for his play, but his salary. I can't stop thinking about what those money could land instead...

When we have Craig Rivet and...

... Anaheim has Shoula at 1.8

... Boston has Girard at 1.1

... Buffalo has Kalinin at 1.7

... Carlgary has Regehr at 1.7

... Colorado has Väänänen at 1.0

... Detroit has Dandenault at 1.7

... Edmonton has Brewer at 2.6

... Nashville has Timmonen at 2.5

... New Jersey has Matvichuck at 1.8

... Phoenix has Gauthier at 1.6

... Pittsburgh has Tärnström at 1.5

... San Jose has Hannan at 2.5

Originally posted by ch_nl

Chad Kilger!

I just hope that Craig Rivet can be added to this list in a short time. I don't dislike hm for his play, but his salary. I can't stop thinking about what those money could land instead...

When we have Craig Rivet and...

... Anaheim has Shoula at 1.8

... Boston has Girard at 1.1

... Buffalo has Kalinin at 1.7

... Carlgary has Regehr at 1.7

... Colorado has Väänänen at 1.0

... Detroit has Dandenault at 1.7

... Edmonton has Brewer at 2.6

... Nashville has Timmonen at 2.5

... New Jersey has Matvichuck at 1.8

... Phoenix has Gauthier at 1.6

... Pittsburgh has Tärnström at 1.5

... San Jose has Hannan at 2.5

I dont think Skoula, Dandenault, Matvichuk, and Girard belong in the company of the others... I'd take Rivet over those 3. Skoula hasnt lived up to the hype and has been getting worse each year, Dandenault is has reached his potential, he's just an average converted-forward into a D. And Matvichuk is not the player he once was, he had a horrible 03-04 season and is not getting younger. Girard is nothing special imo, at least I'd take Rivet before him.

Hmmm... Maybe I like Skoula and Dandenault better since I've seen them play home a cup for their teams?

Maybe you're right on Matvichuck, but how can you like Rivet better than Girard?

And by the way, this isn't the whole list. There's a lot of defencemen that's beeing paid below 2.75 that I'd rather have.

There's too many ex-habs to name for me, lol, but, I have to disagree with ya guyz on Hackett and Rivet, I like them both as players... lol.

But then again, i just can't help myself, i have to name a few im glad to see gone:

1)Traverse

2)Audette

3)czerkawski (or however u spell it)

and there's plenty more, but, most of them were with us only for a short amount of time as well and stuff, so whatever, lol.

Ohhh.. I forgot about Turner Stevenson. I liked hima nd sad when he went but I'm glad he's gone. As mentioned, he bad mouthed teh Habs and then had some stupid things to say recently about the lock-out. His comments are still up on Tsn.ca I think? Can you believe he was a 1st overall pick of the Habs? For shame!!