Job Hunting

Trizzak

I've been looking for work in the radio industry as a producer for months now, but work dried up pretty quickly just before Christmas. Without focusing specifically on radio (I don't know how many Habsworlders out there are in my field), does anyone have any tips on getting my name out there? Job hunting has never been my forte.

my best experience was targeting the one job I wanted specifically. And then I volunteered for a period of time to prove myself. In the end volunteering (while hard on my bank account) allowed me to get to know my boss and for him to get to know me. It got to a point where he was comfortable enough with me to offer me a full time position.

This is a huge gamble, which paid off for me, but could just have easily backfired. Sometimes when you're looking to "break-in" to the market it's the only option.

my best experience was targeting the one job I wanted specifically. And then I volunteered for a period of time to prove myself. In the end volunteering (while hard on my bank account) allowed me to get to know my boss and for him to get to know me. It got to a point where he was comfortable enough with me to offer me a full time position.

This is a huge gamble, which paid off for me, but could just have easily backfired. Sometimes when you're looking to "break-in" to the market it's the only option.

nice job. If you do so and need a part time sideline, I suggest you the surveys centers. They offers evening and weekend shifts + you're everything but physically tired if working on the phone...

nice job. If you do so and need a part time sideline, I suggest you the surveys centers. They offers evening and weekend shifts + you're everything but physically tired if working on the phone...

ugh call centre job.... I think I'd rather burn my eyes out with a hot iron then do that again.

I've been looking for work in the radio industry as a producer for months now, but work dried up pretty quickly just before Christmas. Without focusing specifically on radio (I don't know how many Habsworlders out there are in my field), does anyone have any tips on getting my name out there? Job hunting has never been my forte.

If you're job hunting:

don't bring your gun to the interview... the boss might not like that.

do not dress in camouflage either.

don't blow your whistle/horn (whatever it is) to seduce the interviewer.

If you're job hunting:

don't bring your gun to the interview... the boss might not like that.

do not dress in camouflage either.

don't blow your whistle/horn (whatever it is) to seduce the interviewer.

:lol: