Oleg Petrov

Habs13

I'm reading through the Hockey news, and see that ex-habs Oleg Petrov is on fire in the DEL and it puts a huge smile on my face. I always liked Oleg and I'm really glad to see that he's flying right now... heck, he has more points than Rick Nash and in fewer games!

30 GP

21 G

15 A

36 P

:clap:

:hlogo:

Oleg Petrov is playing with EV Zug in the Suisse League not in the German DEL. ;)

It's no surprise because Petrov always played very good in that league ... the small Nr.14 still holds the record for most points in a season and is quite a star over here.

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by Swiss-Habsfan

Oleg Petrov is one of the best players in the swiss hockey league. I couldn't understand why oleg came back to switzerland after playing for the habs.

It wasnt his choice really. He could have tried to stay in the NHL with another team (he was traded to Nashville remember) . Petrov was a likable little player, but he could never dominate the NHL like he could dominate the Swiss league, he lacks the finishing touch. Plus he was too small for a team like the habs who were looking to get bigger and tougher.

btw: Welcome to the forum swiss-habsfan ... Always great to see more Europeans join up here, it gives the forum a nice mix of people.

It wasnt his choice really. He could have tried to stay in the NHL with another team (he was traded to Nashville remember) . Petrov was a likable little player, but he could never dominate the NHL like he could dominate the Swiss league, he lacks the finishing touch. Plus he was too small for a team like the habs who were looking to get bigger and tougher.  

btw: Welcome to the forum swiss-habsfan ... Always great to see more Europeans join up here, it gives the forum a nice mix of people.

thanx!

you're right, Oleg is too small for the nhl. But he was every season one of the best scorer in Switzerland. The swiss league, which is less physical, is surely better for Oleg. Eric Landry is also playing in switzerland, but his stats are not really good.