Swedish Elite League 2004/05 Final Standings

Doktor Kosmos

Well it's pretty stupid to compare Karlstad with Montreal.

Just 80.000 people are living in the Karlstad region and hockey is not the most popular sport in Sweden. What did he expect?!

Theodore got some bad critics from Sportbladet. (The swedish replica of Gazzetta dello Sport) Saying he is more of a puckstoper than a real goalie.

I hope Ryder and Boullion are about to stay since I've just got tickets to Leksand - Malmö. I think Michael Ryder just might be the hotest player in Sweden for the moment and I do think Leksand will qualify for Elitserien.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Djurgården's Marcus Nilsson was suspended for three games for poking Timrå's Kalle Koskinen in the eyes with his fingers. Nilsson was not allowed to play yesterday, so he has two more games to serve of his suspension. That means he will be available to play in Game 5.

Sportbladet are stupid. They dont know anythink about the NHL. They didnt even know that Sourays last name was Souray... they thought his full name was Souray Sheldon for a week.

Then the big question is if they know anything at all about hockey.

Theo played a good game in net. Better than Kiprusoff.

Talking about Theo, he was on "Hockeykväll" ("Hockey night") yesterday, helping the reporter putting on all the equipment and talking about being a goalie. It's near the end of the show, and that part is in English (of course :D). With subtitles, for those who want to learn Swedish...you know who you are. ;)

There's another good piece in there, just after the halfway mark, about the size of goalie equipment now compared to 1983. They were here in Umeå (yeah, baby, yeah!) and a Björklöven goalie tries on the old stuff. He doesn't do very well and you can really see the difference in size! Well worth a look even if you don't understand the language. :)

Click on "Hockeykväll 7/3" to the right

Luleå–Frölunda 0–5 (0–1, 0–2, 0–2)

0–1 (0.37) Jonas Johnson (Tomi Kallio, Ronnie Sundin)

0–2 (33.48) Daniel Alfredsson (Christian Bäckman)

0–3 (36.06) Daniel Alfredsson (Jonas Johnson)

0–4 (51.47) Niklas Andersson (Tomi Kallio, Ronnie Sundin)

0–5 (58.35) Niklas Andersson (Daniel Alfredsson, Sami Salo)

Shots: 30–24

Game played in Luleå

Frölunda leads the series 3-0

- - - - -

Södertälje–Linköping 1–2 (1–1, 0–0, 0–0, 0–1)

1–0 (0.19) Jörgen Bemström (Anders Burström)

1–1 (13.49) Mikael Håkanson (Jyrki Välivaara, Jussi Tarvainen)

Overtime: 1–2 (64:06) Andreas Pihl (Mikko Peltola)

Shots: 38–29

Game played in Södertälje

Linköping leads the series 2-1

- - - - -

Djurgården–Timrå 2–1 (0–1, 1–0, 1–0)

0–1 (14.10) Henrik Zetterberg (Jonathan Hedström)

1–1 (29.01) Fredrik Bremberg (Patrick Thoresen)

2–1 (46.23) Daniel Rudslätt (Marcus Kristoffersson, Nils Ekman)

Shots: 25–30

Game played in Stockholm

Djurgården leads the series 2-1

- - - - -

Modo–Frölunda 2–4 (0–1, 1–1, 1–2)

0–1 (13.13) Sheldon Souray (Jonas Höglund, Zdeno Chara) powerplay

0–2 (22.24) Jesper Mattsson (Christian Berglund)

1–2 (27.58) Jesper Damgaard (Andreas Salomonsson) powerplay

1–3 (41.13) Jörgen Jönsson (Jonas Höglund, Sheldon Souray) powerplay

1–4 (50.23) Mathias Johansson (Marcel Jenni, Zdeno Chara)

2–4 (59.20) Pierre Hedin (Magnus Gästrin)

Shots: 25–34

Game played in Örnsköldsvik

Färjestad leads the series 2-1

Originally posted by giupietrantonio

Thanks for all the updates. I love checking what the habs players playing in sweeden have done. Thanks again for the amazing job your doing.

I second these thanks. Good to see that Theodore/Souray's teams are up 2-1 in their series.

I find it hilarious that Chara/Souray are leading the playoffs in points with 5 each (in 3 games) . 2 defenders, same team. lol

Great for Souray though.

[Edited on 2005-3-10 by puck7x]

Souray and Theodore's teams both won today, and they're teams both now have 3-1 series leads.

Theodore allowed 2 goals. Souray had 1 assist, and now has 5 points in 4 playoff games. Oh yeah Peter Forsberg got injured in his return with Modo, I also heard that Souray was slashing him alot (but that did not cause the injury)

I'm sure Doktor Kosmos will explain it all, and list all the stats for the games today later...

Linköping-Södertälje 3-4 (1–2, 1–0, 1–1, 0–0, 0–1)

Period 1:

1–0 (3.00) Jussi Tarvainen (Mikko Peltola)

1–1 (5.45) Kyle Calder (Jan Huokko , Scott Thornton)

1–2 (16.08) Mikael Samuelsson (Joakim Eriksson) powerplay

Period 2: 2–2 (16.11) Thomas Johansson (Brendan Morrison)

Period 3:

3–2 (4.13) Magnus Johansson (Fredrik Norrena - note that Norrena is Linköping's goalie!) powerplay

3–3 (7.07) Dick Tärnström (Joakim Eriksson) powerplay

2nd overtime period:

3–4 (2.05) Kyle Calder (Robert Döme).

Shots : 29–34

Game played in Linköping

Series is tied 2-2.

- - - - -

Frölunda-Luleå 8-1 (2–1, 3–0, 3–0)

Period 1:

1–0 (1.07) Daniel Alfredsson (Sami Salo, Per-Johan Axelsson)

1–1 (4.01) Thomas Koch (Karl Fabricius, Niclas Wallin)

2–1 (19.28) Samuel Påhlsson (Tomi Kallio, Sami Salo)

Period 2:

3–1 (5.06) Joel Lundqvist (Christian Bäckman)

4–1 (10.21) Tomi Kallio (Christian Bäckman)

5–1 (19.59) Niklas Andersson (Jonas Johnson, Tomi Kallio) powerplay

Period 3:

6–1 (0.48) Daniel Alfredsson (Samuel Påhlsson)

7–1 (1.01) Daniel Alfredsson (Per-Johan Axelsson, Christian Bäckman)

8–1 (3.49) Jan-Axel Alavaara (Daniel Alfredsson, Samuel Påhlsson).

Shots : 42–31

Game played in Gothenburg

Frölunda wins the series 4-0 and are through to the semifinals.

- - - - -

Färjestad-Modo 5-4 (1–1, 2–0, 2–3)

Period 1:

0–1 (9.45) Andreas Salomonsson (Daniel Sedin) powerplay

1–1 (13.22) Marcel Jenni (Mathias Johansson)

Period 2:

2–1 (5.11) Jonas Höglund (Sheldon Souray) powerplay

3–1 (18.44) Marcel Jenni - shorthanded

Period 3:

3–2 (0.20) Hans Jonsson (Andreas Salomonsson, Jesper Damgaard)

3–3 (4.50) Hans Jonsson (Andreas Salomonsson)

4–3 (5.34) Janne Grönvall (Marcel Jenni) shorthanded

4–4 (7.42) Frantisek Kaberle

5–4 (18.33) Radek Hamr (Mats Trygg, Mathias Johansson)

Shots : 32–35

Game played in Karlstad

Färjestad leads the series 3-1.

Peter Forsberg made his comeback in this game only to be injured again - probably concussion. Färjsetad's Peter Nordström (who had a short stint with the Boston Bruins if I'm not mistaken) recieved a game misconduct as a result of the 5 minute boarding penelty he got for the infraction. According to Aftonbladet, Forsberg checked Nordström into the boards and Nordström retaliated by cross checking Forsberg from behind.

- - - - -

Timrå-Djurgården 2-3 (1–1, 0–2, 1–0)

Period 1:

1–0 (2.36) Henrik Zetterberg (Jonathan Hedström) shorthanded

1–1 (19.24) Daniel Rudslätt (Mikael Johansson)

Period 2:

1–2 (13.38) Staffan Kronwall (Johnny Oduya, Nils Ekman)

1–3 (19.23) Daniel Tjärnqvist (Kristofer Ottosson)

Period 3:

2–3 (18.07) Kalle Koskinen (Christian Söderström, Kent Manderville).

Shots : 26–16

Game played in Timrå

Djurgården leads the series 3-1.

Originally posted by puck7x

I'm sure Doktor Kosmos will explain it all, and list all the stats for the games today later...

Mind if I borrow that crystal ball of yours? Since I'm but a poor university student, I wouldn't mind getting some money from illeagal betting firms... ;)

Originally posted by Doktor Kosmos

Mind if I borrow that crystal ball of yours? Since I'm but a poor university student, I wouldn't mind getting some money from illeagal betting firms... ;)

If only it was so easy... Its not a ball, its a gift I have. :D

Souray and Theodore's teams both won today, and they're teams both now have 3-1 series leads.

Theodore allowed 2 goals. Souray had 1 assist, and now has 5 points in 4 playoff games. Oh yeah Peter Forsberg got injured in his return with Modo, I also heard that Souray was slashing him alot (but that did not cause the injury)

I don't know how much I can explain. The problem is that you have to subsribe (is that the right word in this context?) to a digital cable channel to be able to watch the hockey games. And I cannot afford to do so. So I'm forced to settle for the sports news and reading the papers etc.

However, I read on Aftonbladet's website (one of the major evening papers in Sweden) that Kent Forsberg, coach of Modo and Peter's dad, said the Färjestad players were out to hurt Peter all night. I don't know anything about any Souray slashing Forsberg incidents... but who knows...?

I don't know how much I can explain. The problem is that you have to subsribe (is that the right word in this context?) to a digital cable channel to be able to watch the hockey games. And I cannot afford to do so. So I'm forced to settle for the sports news and reading the papers etc.

However, I read on Aftonbladet's website (one of the major evening papers in Sweden) that Kent Forsberg, coach of Modo and Peter's dad, said the Färjestad players were out to hurt Peter all night. I don't know anything about any Souray slashing Forsberg incidents... but who knows...?

hehehe...

its the lead story on TSN sportscentre right now. Forsberg suffers 7th concussion, his father Kent thinks his career is over. They showed footage of him on the ice, but the cameras did not get a good angle of the hit.

If only it was so easy... Its not a ball, its a gift I have. :D

Oh, OK. There is a Simpsons quote that would come in handy here if I could just remember the exact words... Homer says something like he's tired of getting rich quick schemes and he's glad 'cause now he's conjured up a new scheme to get rich - quick... Oh well.

hehehe...

its the lead story on TSN sportscentre right now. Forsberg suffers 7th concussion, his father Kent thinks his career is over. They showed footage of him on the ice, but the cameras did not get a good angle of the hit.

I like Forsberg, so I don't think it's funny.

The Swedish papers don't make it out exactly the same way. Sounds more like Forsberg won't be able to play anymore in this year's playoffs. But they say nothing to indicate his career is in jeopardy.

hehehe...

I like Forsberg, so I don't think it's funny.

The Swedish papers don't make it out exactly the same way. Sounds more like Forsberg won't be able to play anymore in this year's playoffs. But they say nothing to indicate his career is in jeopardy.

I'm not laughing at Forsberg either, I said "hehehe" because I find it funny that I'm able to get the same coverage of SEL games as you (on the net, highlights on tv here), its really sad that you have to subscibe to a channel to be able to watch. Forsberg is done for these playoffs, and some people (his father, the media here in Canada) are speculating that his career might be over.

Its not because he is not "able" to play anymore, I guess people think he will retire.

[Edited on 2005-3-10 by puck7x]

I'm not laughing at Forsberg either, I said "hehehe" because I find it funny that I'm able to get the same coverage of SEL games as you (on the net, highlights on tv here)
Oh, OK, gotcha.
Forsberg is done for these playoffs, and some people (his father, the media here in Canada) are speculating that his career might be over.

Its not because he is not "able" to play anymore, I guess people think he will retire.

Oh, OK, I see their line of thinking now. But I have to state for the record that that was not how I enterprited old man Forsberg's comment. Then again, if you read between the lines... Oh well, it's late here, I should hobble off to bed... ;)

While I do think it is awesome that Theodore is outplaying Kiprusoff in the Djurgården-Timrå series, I'm still disappointed Djurgården is leading 3-1. Why? Because Henrik Zetterberg is my favourite player. I think Zetterberg and Frölunda goalie Henrik Lundqvist are the two best players in all of Sweden this season. Still, you have to give credit to Theo. Throughout the whole series there have been rather few goals scored, and Theo deserves his fair share of credit IMO.

Add: Zetterberg plays for Timrå.

[Edited on 2005/3/11 by Doktor Kosmos]

Peter Nordström, the Färjestad player who cross-checked Forsberg earlier said that MoDo plays like cowards and that they always fall easy.

And now Norström might be the chicken who cross-checks one of our greatest stars out of his carees. It's sad and I can't stop dislike Nordström. I almost hate the guy.

Right now Im cheering for Södertälje. They deserve it and they really fights. They have the heart.

Henrik Zetterberg has scored in every playoff game.

Frölunda 2005 just might be one of the three best teams in Europe ever. The other two that I'm thinking of is the 80's CSKA Moscow and Brynäs during and 70's.

Farjestad (Souray) lost 1-0 to Modo. Looks like Souray's comments about Salo came back to bite him in the ass, as Salo (he was playing right?) got the shutout...

Farjestad still leads the series 3-2

Theodore's Djurgarden lost 3-1 to Timra. Djurgarden leads that series 3-2.

No idea whats going on in the other series, I havent checked.

lol yeah, Salo getting the SO hehe, after Souray told that he would be Habs 4th goalie.

Not understanding much what Souray is doing. Also, he's ranting a swedish guy in Sweden. Maybe he thinks he'll have more supporter doing this?!! Does Salo is the Brisebois of Sweden?

Don't get the logic behind this.