UFAs

TheAussiePosse

Here are some notables that might be overlooked...

ANA - Kjellberg, Olausson

ATL - Kozlov, Krupp

BOS - Hackett, Grosek, Moran

CAL - Berube

CHI - Eastwood, Simon

COL - De Vries

CMB - Cassels, Whitney

DAL - Dahlen, Muller

DET - Larionov, Woolley

EDM - Cross

FLA - Matteau

LA - Johnson

MIN - Ronning

NSH - Petrov!!!

NJ - Nieuwendyk, Rheaume

NYR - McCarthy, Mironov

OTT - Smolinski, Arvedson

PHI - Lapointe, Yuskevich

PHO - Pellerin, Ranheim

PIT - Manderville, Pushor

STL - Podein

SJ - Ricci, Graves

TB - Andreychuk, Laukkanen

TOR - Housley

VAN - Baron, May

WAS - Nylander, Johansson

Sure, you might not want those players, but they're available. And underrated.

:monkey:

Here are 2 good UFA lists (for those of you without bookmarked UFA lists)

http://www.geocities.com/floridapanthers20...0/free2003.html

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/feature.asp?fid=6806

A few interesting names , I'm curious to see how much some of these guys will get , will their be bidding wars? or will teams be scared off by the soon to expire CBA?

Unless Selanne is dying to play with Koivu or Lemieux just wants to play for the love of playing for your hometown (yeah right), screw UFA's!

I don't want us to take another risk on a 30-35 year old 2nd/3rd line forward who will be great for the first few months of the year then blow when the games get important.

For the 1st time since I've been following the Habs, I have faith in our youngsters. I want to know what it's like to see draft picks help your team win games!

(And I'm not using reverse-psychology here)

We obviously won't be able to have Ribeiro-Perezhogin-Ward-Komisarek-Hainsey in the lineup at the same time game after game, but I just freaking hope this year will be different: like puck said, most of our deadwood (therefore most of our players) will be UFA's or just let go next summer...

So screw ''showing them off'' to other teams or trying to get them going. I say give Audette a chance and lay off the rest.

AND SIGN MARKOV WHILE YOU'RE AT IT! (Koivu too of course)

Ok I've done my daily bitching ciao all

:ghg::hlogo::ghg:

Savard did a great job of getting rid of all our potential UFAs. The best part was, most of them were driftwood anyway.

Gilmour, Petrov, Hackett, Odjick...

Sure, Hackett wasn't driftwood, but he wasn't doing much as backup for 3.5 million.

Oh well, here's to Gainey next season.

I wonder if Maggie the :monkey: picks potential UFAs to be traded?

Find out next time on "Habsworld: Hunting Season"

Bah bah BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!

:hlogo:

Well,

We could use Simon, Brashear or Darren McCarty. I wouldn't them to produce offensively too much, but we could really use an enforcer with some skills (im tired of crap like Blouin, Dwyer, OdGick, ... that we can't play more than 5 minutes a game without being a liability). McCarty would probably be the best acquisition we could make this summer, but he'll likely cost way too much money.

If we get rid of both Audette and Czerkawski, I could maybe try Slava Kozlov. It's ok to have one underachieving floater if you don't rely on him too much to produce. When he's on fire, great, when he's cold, give a kid extra minutes. If you rely on the guy to take you all the way, thenyou're screwed.

Im guessing DeVries will be back with the Avs, otherwise Montreal should show some interest. We cold use himto stabilize this team's defense. He could replace Brisebois if we trade him.

Arvedson could be a great acquisition, but he's likely to go back to the Sens. Still, our third line would be most effective with Arvedson-Juneau-Sundstrom.

Andreychuk? Nah... rather give a chance to Ward. I guess Ward's greatest upside would be to become a Dave Andreychuk. Slow, but hard working and somehow effective. I like Ward, but I doubt he would ever achieve what Andreychuk has.

No one seems to agree, but if Lucky Luke isn't too expensive, I would love for the Habs to get him. He still has good hockey left in him, and would it would be great for Koivu to have someone to pass to. However, he might still demand too much, and will likely want to end his career in LA.

Selanne would probably look better with Koivu than he did in San Jose. But would montreal be willing to spend the big bucks on a guy who had 64, and 54 points in his last 2 seasons?

If Ray Whitney was a LW, I could be interested. But he's small and we have plenty of RW. Also, I can't figure out if this guy is underrated, or if playing extra minutes on bad teams made his stats look much better than he really is (like Czerkawski for exemple)

Arvedsson likely to return to the Sens?

I dunno... Thats the opposite of what I've been hearing to entire year , I thought Magnus had ZERO chance of returning with the Sens...

- Because he'll get an increase in salary

- Because they'd rather use young kids in his roster spot

BTW : Luc signed (or will on Friday) with LA again.

And imo Ray Whitney is going to Vancouver.