Youppi new HABS mascot?

bombTHEice

I've just read at the Sportsnet Hockey Hearsay that the HABS will get a new mascot, it seems like it's Youppi from the former baseball club Montréal Expos. Honestly I've never seen this mascot and so I searched for it on Goggle ... but what I got on first place scared me a bit - "Outsports - Is Youppie Gay?". :lol:

youppi.jpg

I only hope that it won't get the official HABS mascot ... of course it's interesting especially for younger kids but if this mascot is automatically compared to the Canadiens - no thanks! :D

Montreal Gazette story

I love Youppi! ...

He had a great long history with the Expos. I'm glad that the city kept him even though we lost the baseball team. I dont mind that the habs "signed" him. Mascots are alright, especially ones like Youppi.... as long as he doesnt try to be the "star" of the show.

Youppi! is awesome...glad to see Les Canadiens get a mascot...Youppi and Bruiser can become friends now...lol...that would be funny to watch if they got in a fight...i wonder who would win...? lol

NO WAY!

i like youppi but as expos' mascott!!! not with the habs!!! come on guys! we really DUNT need a mascott!!! none of the original 6 clubs has a mascott and i truly dunt think we should! ... unless youppi dye his hairs in red... -_- muahahaha~ coz orange in hockey = flyers~ oh well~ let's see what's gonna happen

On the same day I learn the Habs have signed Youppi, and the NHL is considering going with odd-shaped oversized nets.

If I would have predicted this just a few years ago I would have been led off in a straight jacket.

Is this what hockey has come to?

Who the hell cares about a damn mascot, fix the damn game... hell PLAY the damn game for starters!

This is just sad.

Wow, apparently they paid a 6 figure amount to obtain the rights of Youppi!.

That's has to suck big time for some of the staff on the Habs. They spent more money on a mascot then on what Claude Julien's salary.

kids at the bell center comes to see saku koi vu / josé théodore / mike ribeiro / richard zednik etc~ NOT youppi! and at the intermissions, they go get some candies or ice cream with their daddy... so... no time to enjoy youppi! muahahaha

yeah~ the net protoypes sucks! it's like... what if goalers kept doing well??? are they going to put soccer's net on the ice???? come on!!!

do we REALLY want MORE goals??? personnally, i rather watch zednik making a nice / spectacular move and miss the net, than watching zednik shooting without any effort and score~ why always make changes related to goalers? the net, the equipment... if u want goals, just take the goaler off the net and u'll get more goals for sure!!!

mad mad mad!!!!

Guest Biff Malibu
Originally posted by bebehabs

none of the original 6 clubs has a mascott and i truly dunt think we should!

The Leafs have Carlton the Bear.

Bring on Youppi! :ghg:

I think acquiring him is a great idea as long as the Habs on-ice signings have good years...

Otherwise I can see the headlines in the Toronto papers now... "Youppi: Habs best offseason acquisition"

I heard Gainey enrolled him in the same learn-to-skate program as Dags :lol: