GDT---Bulldogs vs Lake Erie Monsters---1/02/10

Lammy

Sanford appears to be injured.....it seems to be a shoulder injury of some kind and possibly a concussion. He was down on the ice for a long time before he could be helped to the Bulldogs bench and head to the medical room.

Robert Mayer was recalled from Cincy today so it appears that Sanford may be missing a bit of time.

Interesting ending to this one - Lake Erie scores an empty netter to make it 3-1. The Bulldogs didn't quit though, scoring a goal with 21 seconds left to make it a one-goal game again but weren't able to complete the comeback.

Wyman and Maxwell with the goals for the Bulldogs.

Robert Mayer was recalled from Cincy today so it appears that Sanford may be missing a bit of time.

Guy Boucher was quoted in the Hamilton Spectator newspaper saying that Sanford is going to be out of action for at least 2 weeks.

Scoring Summary:

1st Period:

1. LEM - Justin Mercier - 1 (Marty Sertich, Brian Willsie) - 4:43

2nd Period:

No Scoring

3rd Period:

2. LEM - Matthew Ford - 3 (Patrick Bordeleau, Cedric McNicoll) - 5:40

3. HAM - J.T Wyman - 7 (P.K. Subban) - 17:49

4. LEM - Justin Mercier - 2 (Marty Sertich) - 19:14 (EN)

5. HAM - Ben Maxwell - 6 (Mathieu Carle, Tom Pyatt) - 19:39

Scoring:

Hamilton: 0-0-2--2

Lake Erie: 1-0-2--3

Shots:

Hamilton: 13-10-10--33

Lake Erie: 8-4-5--17

Lammy / Dlbalr / JCPetit,

What do you guys make of JT Wyman? He's on his way to a ~50 pt season at this pace. Never thought i'd see him so often on the score sheet, especially when he was being used like a utility player last year, i.e. subbing on defense.

I know he didn't show much during his very brief stint with the Habs, but perhaps there's more to this lad...or do you think he's merely overachieving in Boucher's system?

What do you guys make of JT Wyman? He's on his way to a ~50 pt season at this pace. Never thought i'd see him so often on the score sheet, especially when he was being used like a utility player last year, i.e. subbing on defense.

I know he didn't show much during his very brief stint with the Habs, but perhaps there's more to this lad...or do you think he's merely overachieving in Boucher's system?

He is a long shot, to say the least. Big, strong guy, was drafted as a defenseman. Who knows, he may become an excellent checker...

I think his offensive numbers are based on him being the beneficiary of so many injuries and recalls, not so much a notable improvement in his offensive game. I think the fact that he can play D in a pinch bumps him up a notch or two on the depth chart, especially with the way the Habs have had a tendency to dress d-men as forwards. He's done enough this year to earn another contract though at the very least.

That's a hard question to answer right now. He's certainly playing very well so far this season. Othat than that, I'm interested in seeing how far he goes this year, and let's then see if he can do it again next year.