GDT---Bulldogs vs Toronto---1/23/10

Lammy

Hamilton sputtered out of the gate in this one, giving up a pair before the halfway point of the 1st (chasing Desjardins in the process). 'Dogs were down 4-1 late in the 2nd, clawed back to make it 4-3 but couldn't get the equalizer.

Gamesheet: http://theahl.com/stats/game-summary.php?game_id=1006707

Bit of an odd penalty towards the end, Trotter got a double minor for an attempted butt end - I don't think I've ever seen that one before.

Bit of an odd penalty towards the end, Trotter got a double minor for an attempted butt end - I don't think I've ever seen that one before.

Considering how incompetent the AHL referees are, nothing they call really surprises me anymore. But it can make the game interesting... :wacko:

What is attempted butt-ending? What's next? A ticket for attempted jay walking? Obviously he had control of his stick because he didn't hit anybody? Apparently?

My goodness, it's actually in the rulebook too - Section 58.2:

58.2 Double-minor Penalty - A double-minor penalty will be imposed on a player or goalkeeper who attempts to butt-end an opponent.

If he'd connected, it would've been 5 and a game actually (58.3, 58.5).

Thanx! Never knew that. dlbair: did you get on that other site? Ive quit trying.

On the Bulldogs official forum, yeah via another username - now every post has to be approved before it becomes public which is quite the deterrent. No luck with restoring my old account as of yet.