GDT---Bulldogs vs Rochester Americans---2/05/10

Lammy

Some quick game notes.....

-This game will mark the eighth of 10 matchups between the North Division rivals this season.

-The Bulldogs hold a 3-3-0-1 record against the Americans this season.

-In their last meeting on January 22nd, the visiting Bulldogs mauled Rochester 6-1.

-The Americans currently sit in 2nd place in the North Division with a 29-18-2-0 record and 60 points.

-The Bulldogs currently sit in 1st place in the North Division with a 32-12-3-4 record and 71 points.

-Last season, the Bulldogs went 5-3-0-0 in eight games against the Americans.

-Hamilton's all-time record against Rochester currently sits at 55-63-7-0-4.

How do you figure they'll fair without their two (add 3 with Maxwell recalled) top players forwards now on a plane to Montreal?

It scares the crap out of me, thinking about that, but they are looking good so far. In the past, the Dogs have overcome situations just like this with injuries and call-ups. That is one of their best strengths, in my opinion, is the ability to come together in these situations.....but it still scares the crap out of me. LOL!

10:43 remaining in the 1st period. No score.

Edited by Lammy

SCOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORESS!!!!

1-0 BULLDOGS :clap:

Pyatt from Subban and Benoit on the PP, Pyatt scooped up the loose puck in the slot. Still on the PP too.

Hamilton 2nd PP unit: Stewart-Masse-Wyman with Stevenson/St. Denis on the point...needless to say, they didn't score.

Pyatt scores again, this time from Glumac and St. Denis to make it 3-0!

Make it 4-0 as Glumac redirects a Henry shot from the point. Who says you can't win with most of your offence called up?

(They're giving the goal to Henry right now, but Derek is adamant it's Glumac's).

I'm sure to jinx it now (apologies in advance), but if there's an AHL equivalent to the William M. Jennings Trophy award for goalie tandems, the Dogs have this one down pat. The defense on this team is amazing.

I'm sure to jinx it now (apologies in advance), but if there's an AHL equivalent to the William M. Jennings Trophy award for goalie tandems, the Dogs have this one down pat. The defense on this team is amazing.

There's an award for top goalie but not a tandem sadly.

Rochester scores early in the 3rd, 4-1 Hamilton now.

If I had a hat near the computer, I'd toss it now as Pyatt scores an empty netter to complete the hat trick. (May not have a hat but I have a textbook I'm very tempted to toss...)

Subban and Henry the helpers, game over, 5-2 Hamilton! :clap:

6 straight wins for Hamilton, longest streak in 7 years and they extend their division lead to 13 points.

Scoring Summary:

1st Period:

1. HAM - Tom Pyatt - 9 (P.K. Subban, Andre Benoit) - 11:29 (PP)

2. HAM - J.T. Wyman - 10 (Ryan Russell, Tom Pyatt) - 18:20 (PP)

2nd Period:

3. HAM - Tom Pyatt - 10 (Mike Glumac, Frederic St. Denis) - 11:17

4. HAM - Mike Glumac - 11 (Alex Henry, Greg Stewart) - 14:07

3rd Period:

5. RCH - Graham Mink - 13 (Chris Taylor, Clay Wilson) - 1:10 (PP)

6. RCH - Evgeny Dadonov - 10 (Chris Taylor, Tyler Plante) - 14:16

7. HAM - Tom Pyatt - 11 (P.K. Subban, Alex Henry) - 19:49 (EN)

Edited by Lammy