Bulldogs Clear Day Roster

dlbalr

Was to be announced later this afternoon but has now been delayed until tomorrow, I'll update it here when it's released. Hamilton has made one "trade" today, sending Greg Stewart to Chicago (ATL's farm team) for the rest of the season and playoffs. This is a loan and does not impact his NHL rights whatsoever. D-man Mike Vernace may be heading to Hamilton in return - same deal though, ATL has his recall rights.

Clear Day Roster:

Cedrick Desjardins

Curtis Sanford

David Desharnais

Mike Glumac

Ben Maxwell

Eric Neilson

Max Pacioretty

Aaron Palushaj

Tom Pyatt

Ryan Russell

Grant Stevenson

Brock Trotter

Ryan White

J.T. Wyman

Shawn Belle

Andre Benoit

Mathieu Carle

Alex Henry

Frederic St. Denis

P.K. Subban

Mike Vernace

Yannick Weber

In Residence:

D Chad Anderson

F Andrew Conboy

F Olivier Fortier

F Maxime Lacroix

F Dany Masse

Just curious, but in the off chance that the habs decided they needed Stewart's services, can they still call him up from the Wolves?

Yep, though if it ever comes to the Habs needing him, we're in trouble. :)

Yep, though if it ever comes to the Habs needing him, we're in trouble. :)

It is intresting why we would make such a deal, why didn't we do it before trade deadline: given that it is not really a trade. Obviously we are strengthing are left defense position for a calder run. The trade off is giving up grit in Stewart to a team that you may end up playing. The cupboard is bare in Cinci as far as defensemen, which it has been all year. This may have been the only way to get experienced depth for that particular position. Any Thoughts!

These kind of "player-loanings" happen all the time in the ECHL, but it's rare to see it in the AHL. I wonder what's on the minds of the Habs and the Dogs. This is an unusual move.

It is intresting why we would make such a deal, why didn't we do it before trade deadline: given that it is not really a trade. Obviously we are strengthing are left defense position for a calder run. The trade off is giving up grit in Stewart to a team that you may end up playing. The cupboard is bare in Cinci as far as defensemen, which it has been all year. This may have been the only way to get experienced depth for that particular position. Any Thoughts!

It's not an NHL trade, Stewart still is property of the Habs and Vernace part of the Thrashers organization. Hamilton needed defensive depth, the Wolves had some, it was a natural fit. As you said though, why help a rival...unless there's no time left before the deadline and you can't acquire one elsewhere? There really wasn't a need to do it last week unless the Habs wanted Vernace as part of the organization.

It's not an NHL trade, Stewart still is property of the Habs and Vernace part of the Thrashers organization. Hamilton needed defensive depth, the Wolves had some, it was a natural fit. As you said though, why help a rival...unless there's no time left before the deadline and you can't acquire one elsewhere? There really wasn't a need to do it last week unless the Habs wanted Vernace as part of the organization.

While we are on the subject, does any one know off hand if any of our prospects that are currently in university or in junior are likely to become available to the dogs and added on top of our clear day list?

While we are on the subject, does any one know off hand if any of our prospects that are currently in university or in junior are likely to become available to the dogs and added on top of our clear day list?

The only notable one could potentially be Gabriel Dumont from Drummondville and considering they're gearing up for a long playoff run themselves (2nd in the Q), he probably won't be available until the 3rd round of the Calder Cup playoffs. Jason Missiaen from the OHL's Petes may get an ATO but I suspect he'd practice with Cincy during their run and not the Bulldogs.

Of note, Mathieu Darche is not on that list, meaning he'll finish the year as a habs and won't be returned to the Bulldogs if the Habs season ends before Hamilton's does.

He'd have to clear waivers either way; once he played his 11th game with the Habs his fate was sealed. Sergei Kostitsyn also isn't on as he'll soon need waivers as well.

Of note, Mathieu Darche is not on that list, meaning he'll finish the year as a habs and won't be returned to the Bulldogs if the Habs season ends before Hamilton's does.

Speaking of Mathieu's- Have we room for Mathieu Aubin on the in residence list? Today he became a CYCLONE again. Coincidence?

Speaking of Mathieu's- Have we room for Mathieu Aubin on the in residence list? Today he became a CYCLONE again. Coincidence?

Yeah, I would say so (coincidence). He was released by the Habs in the offseason, they have no intention of bringing him back. I'm actually somewhat surprised he caught on with an ECHL team (Bakersfield early on), last I heard he was still looking for a contract.

Yeah, I would say so (coincidence). He was released by the Habs in the offseason, they have no intention of bringing him back. I'm actually somewhat surprised he caught on with an ECHL team (Bakersfield early on), last I heard he was still looking for a contract.

I don't think coach Weber would share in your surprise, because he gave up two young players to get him in Cinci. Furthermore, and I did see him play in Hamilton, Aubin would give you more than say Masse or Fortier at this time in a Calder run. I would agree that the Canadians have no real plans for anyone on an AHL contract.

Replying to the same post a second time but I forgot that David Fischer will be eligible to join the team fairly soon as well. For those who are saying don't sign him and take the 2nd round pick as compensation, note that the Habs actually have to make him a bonafide contract offer in order for that to happen. If management wants to keep Fischer, they may want him skating with Hamilton in the playoffs, even if he isn't playing.

Replying to the same post a second time but I forgot that David Fischer will be eligible to join the team fairly soon as well. For those who are saying don't sign him and take the 2nd round pick as compensation, note that the Habs actually have to make him a bonafide contract offer in order for that to happen. If management wants to keep Fischer, they may want him skating with Hamilton in the playoffs, even if he isn't playing.

Fischer is the guy I would like to see groomed into Wyman/Dandenault role. He is 6'4'' and I understand he can skate. He can play defense. Give him some reps as a winger during his AHL career and he could prove invaluble. Give him a year or two to build up body strength and he could surprise. What have you got to lose?