GDT---Bulldogs vs Toronto Marlies---4/10/10

Lammy

Robert Mayer is getting his fisrt start in the AHL for the Bulldogs this afternoon.

Olivier Fortier makes his AHL debut as well. Desharnais, Trotter, White, and Weber the healthy scratches. Barring a 26 point effort by Subban, Desharnais will set the franchise record for points in a single season.

Desharnais accomplished this last Sunday in the 6-2 win vs the Moose.

But Trotter is just 1 point behind him; he could have passed Desharnais and set a new record (and then Desharnais could've re-passed him, etc...) :)

Anderson scores to make it 1-0 Hamilton! Bishop the helper at 9:59.

But Trotter is just 1 point behind him; he could have passed Desharnais and set a new record (and then Desharnais could've re-passed him, etc...) :)

Anderson scores to make it 1-0 Hamilton! Bishop the helper at 9:59.

All of this sounds good to me....GO DOGS GO!!!! :clap:

Trying to figure out the lines for this one so far, this is what I have based on what I've heard - Lammy, I'm assuming you're watching the game on Cable 14, feel free to correct these: :)

Russell-Stevenson-Wyman

Conboy-Fortier-Palushaj

Anderson-Masse-Bishop (this was the line that scored)

Lacroix/Glumac subbed on the above lines periodically

Belle-Subban

Benoit-St. Denis

Henry-Vernace

Trying to figure out the lines for this one so far, this is what I have based on what I've heard - Lammy, I'm assuming you're watching the game on Cable 14, feel free to correct these: :)

Russell-Stevenson-Wyman

Conboy-Fortier-Palushaj

Anderson-Masse-Bishop (this was the line that scored)

Lacroix/Glumac subbed on the above lines periodically

Belle-Subban

Benoit-St. Denis

Henry-Vernace

I am watching on Cable 14 television (sorry Derek). Those lines appear to be correct so far.

I am watching on Cable 14 television (sorry Derek). Those lines appear to be correct so far.

Just mute the TV and turn the radio on...best of both worlds. :)

1st intermission, 2-0 Hamilton. Desharnais to be interviewed.

Just mute the TV and turn the radio on...best of both worlds. :)

LOL! Sorry....but as easily as that sounds, it does not work unless you want to eat a bottle of Advil to combat the headache. I used to work in the television / video industry and I can personally tell you that the TV and radio signals are not compatible. There is a lag in the television signal which makes it impossible to watch the TV hockey broadcast and listen to the radio hockey broadcast at the same time without going insane. :blink::wacko::lol:

LOL! Sorry....but as easily as that sounds, it does not work unless you want to eat a bottle of Advil to combat the headache. I used to work in the television / video industry and I can personally tell you that the TV and radio signals are not compatible. There is a lag in the television signal which makes it impossible to watch the TV hockey broadcast and listen to the radio hockey broadcast at the same time without going insane. :blink::wacko::lol:

I've done it a few times this year to avoid hearing the opponents' PBP, it's a bit frustrating I must admit. I've read on other boards (for other sports) that there are some sites out there that can delay the radio feed for x seconds to line it up with the TV...I've never looked for myself though.

At note for this game: If Hamilton picks up a point, they will break the AHL record for most road points earned in a single season (currently they have 59). That would be the 3rd league record the team has broken. According to the team's statistician, Hamilton has broken 27 club records already this year.

Funny there was mention of Subban getting injured. I figgered that, in line with Canadiens luck in the last decade, Subban would blow a knee or something super serious like that. It would be about right.

Bulldogs lose in a shootout......

But it does not matter in the grand scheme of things....

The Hamilton Bulldogs finish the 2009-2010 regularAHL season with a record of 52-17-3-8

The Hamilton Bulldogs are the North Division Season Champions and the Western Conference Season Champions.

Bring on the Calder Cup Playoffs!!!!!

The Dogs opponent in the 1st round will be the Manitoba Moose.

Edited by Lammy

Funny there was mention of Subban getting injured. I figgered that, in line with Canadiens luck in the last decade, Subban would blow a knee or something super serious like that. It would be about right.

It's minor (Glumac's as well), both will be ready for the playoffs.