Andrei vs Sergei

coach

I must confess that there was a time when I was convinced that Sergei was a better hockey player than Andrei. Sergei, IMO, has great hockey sense and good physical skills. On the other hand, Andrei is the best athlete by far; there aren't too many players as fast and strong than him on the team. But I still believe that Sergei has all it takes to become an excellent hockey player. His problem is his attitude, obviously. I am not sure he can grow as a person and become the athlete he has the potential to be.

I must confess that there was a time when I was convinced that Sergei was a better hockey player than Andrei. Sergei, IMO, has great hockey sense and good physical skills. On the other hand, Andrei is the best athlete by far; there aren't too many players as fast and strong than him on the team. But I still believe that Sergei has all it takes to become an excellent hockey player. His problem is his attitude, obviously. I am not sure he can grow as a person and become the athlete he has the potential to be.

I've never understand that. And I mean, you were not the only one, many people I know agreed with this. I've always been like : WTF ?

Just for his shots arsenal, Andrei was the best of the bros. I really think Andrei is the most offensively skilled Habs IMO. No offense to Cammy who is close 2nd.

I've never understand that. And I mean, you were not the only one, many people I know agreed with this. I've always been like : WTF ?

Just for his shots arsenal, Andrei was the best of the bros. I really think Andrei is the most offensively skilled Habs IMO. No offense to Cammy who is close 2nd.

I honestly thought Sergei had a 60-70 point upside (might have been a bit high) with excellent instincts to be a good PK guy. It's that two-way ability that had me thinking he could be better. Andrei is definitely an all out offensive threat kind of guy.

SK... defense?

never seen that from him... AK has been backchecking this year though.

In his first 10 or so NHL games he was looking like a really solid defensive player.

I feel some nostalgia in this thread! lol SK surely brought some untengible, which is always interesting to have. Although we do have Halpern in his place (or Metropolit spot, depending how we see it), and he's quietly doing pretty well.

But it looks like we miss the occasional "Habs in trouble" stories! Who's the Habs that is gonna entertain us and get in trouble now? O'byrne and SK out. Price looks like he has matured. Who are the candidates?! Subban? I don't think. He's surely cocky but I don't think he'd do anything stupid.