Bulldogs Stranded in Texas

Lammy

This was written by Scott Radley of the Hamilton Spectator. :B):lol:

Getting home from Texas has turned into an adventure for the Hamilton Bulldogs.

Immediately following their Game 7 loss to the Houston Aeros, the Dogs got on a bus and drove four hours to Dallas where they were to get a flight home early Wednesday morning. However, the same weather system that spawned all those tornadoes in the American south led to numerous travel.

Hundreds of flights in and out of Dallas were postponed or cancelled, including theirs. Dozens of planes had to be taken out of service while damage from the giant hailstones was repaired.

As a result, the Dogs were stuck. But there was a small silver lining for the team. The hotel where they were put up for the night was on the resort that is hosting the PGA Tour’s Byron Nelson Classic this week, meaning they were able to get out on the course and watch some of the action when the weather cleared a bit.

The team got on a flight Thursday and is expected back in Hamilton late afternoon and will finish cleaning out their lockers on Friday.

Lammy- Exit interviews tomorrow? Zanette will be signed? Anybody else that you think will be back that we don't know about? St.Denis for example.

I wouldn't expect anything to come from the exit interviews, it's not as if there will be any coverage of them. We'll find out about the status of the pending RFA's/UFA's come late June or July 1st, we've never heard before. Zanette's an interesting case but there is no deadline they have to sign him by as he is currently an NHL UFA.

Lammy- Exit interviews tomorrow? Zanette will be signed? Anybody else that you think will be back that we don't know about? St.Denis for example.

The locker cleanout is usually a very quiet affair. Scott Radley has been travelling with the team on the road and I'm guessing that much of what could be said in interviews has already been written in Radley's articles which have already been published since the Game 7 elimination.

As far as who might be back....Hmmm...that's really hard to say. The AHL has huge turnovers in players each season (usually about half the roster) so it's difficult to even try to guess. dlbalr is our real expert here on contracts and such.

The locker cleanout is usually a very quiet affair. Scott Radley has been travelling with the team on the road and I'm guessing that much of what could be said in interviews has already been written in Radley's articles which have already been published since the Game 7 elimination.

As far as who might be back....Hmmm...that's really hard to say. The AHL has huge turnovers in players each season (usually about half the roster) so it's difficult to even try to guess. dlbalr is our real expert here on contracts and such.

Thanx Lammy--- Just trying to think ahead as well-- What the organization typically does- that sort of thing- my roster has them plenty short (experience and bodies) on defense.

Thanx Lammy--- Just trying to think ahead as well-- What the organization typically does- that sort of thing- my roster has them plenty short (experience and bodies) on defense.

Signed for defence are Henry, Stejskal, Nash, and Diaz (if he's not with the Habs). St. Denis surely will be brought back while Carle will at least be qualified, your guess as to whether he or St. Denis get plucked off waivers. I suspect Klubertanz will be offered a deal but he may too be heading back overseas having failed to get a callup during the year. I sense the D won't have a ton of turnover unless a couple of the RFA's are dealt/go overseas.

Signed for defence are Henry, Stejskal, Nash, and Diaz (if he's not with the Habs). St. Denis surely will be brought back while Carle will at least be qualified, your guess as to whether he or St. Denis get plucked off waivers. I suspect Klubertanz will be offered a deal but he may too be heading back overseas having failed to get a callup during the year. I sense the D won't have a ton of turnover unless a couple of the RFA's are dealt/go overseas.

Thanx Brian- That's basically what I have. I could only suspect what would Carle, Klubertanz and St.Denis might do. We probably have to move on to new veterans. What's your sense about goalies?

Thanx Brian- That's basically what I have. I could only suspect what would Carle, Klubertanz and St.Denis might do. We probably have to move on to new veterans. What's your sense about goalies?

Sanford re-signs, MacIntyre either gets an NHL job, goes overseas, or gets another 1 way AHL deal somewhere (I don't see that one happening). I'd like to see Delmas signed to an NHL entry level deal and start as the #1 in Wheeling with Mayer sticking around as a backup.