HW's Simulation League

dlbalr

As some of you may already be aware, HW’s simulation league, HWL, has returned to the HW Forums after a short time as a standalone league. The league was founded back in March of 2005; there are still some GM’s who have been around since then (myself included). (This is why I have a Phoenix logo as my avatar for anyone wondering...)

A quick overview of how we run HWL:

The league is run through Eastside Hockey Manager (EHM), a game that puts you in the chair of an NHL GM (and to a lesser degree, a coach). You get to make trades, offer contracts, run both NHL and AHL teams, determine training regimens, set lines and strategies plus much more. Think of it as Dynasty mode in an EA game except this time you're competing against real-life opponents, fellow HW Forum members.

It’s a unique challenge compared to your typical regular season or playoff fantasy pool and lasts year-round which means you can finally be in a hockey pool in the summer. (And speaking from experience, that’s quite nice during the summer blahs.) If you are interested in joining or have any questions, please reply here or visit us on HWL’s subforum.

• Upvote 1

I wouldn't worry too much about the EHM site, it's for the most part abandoned. I'll let the commish go through what you need to do but in the meantime, I'd start a season just to get used to what capabilities the game has.

• 2 weeks later...