A (narrow) path to the playoffs

patience is a virtue

There are a lot of teams between us and the playoffs, not just the leafs. There are fewer teams between us and a top pick. We have actually played some good hockey in the last week or two and picked up a number of points, while Toronto and Washington have struggled. I suspect the trends will reverse as they usually do and we will drift away from Washington, Toronto and the Jets.

I hope we keep selling ant stocking up. If the kids go on a run, good for them. If they don't, good for the draft. If we start acting like buyers, bad for all.

Agreed, if we start winning games because of our young talent then thats great, if we don't thats still solid if we draft well, but if we actually trade young assets or picks to make a run we are sabotaging out future bad.

It's worth repeating, this thread is about trying to make the playoffs. Not what your opinion is on where you'd prefer the team wind up. The eighth place Leafs have a tough game on Saturday in Vancouver. It's possible we make up ground this weekend. Friday night in Buffalo, which normally has many Hab fans in attendance. Then a day off Saturday, and a Sunday night game vs the Devils at home. This game against Boston shows this team still has plenty of fight in it.

My apologies.

I will now concede that the path has pretty much been cut off. The window of hope has closed. It is indeed next to impossible to imagine the Habs making the playoffs.

I look forward to seeing them play hard nonetheless, to the return of Markov, and to some fun trade action over the course of the next five days.

I will now concede that the path has pretty much been cut off. The window of hope has closed. It is indeed next to impossible to imagine the Habs making the playoffs.

I look forward to seeing them play hard nonetheless, to the return of Markov, and to some fun trade action over the course of the next five days.

I agree, I am really looking forward to Markov's return. Maybe Geoffrion will see a few games. Should be interesting.