Bulldogs vs Barons, April 3, 8 PM EST

dlbalr

The good news? It's the final game of this insane road trip. The bad news? The schedule makers saved the toughest matchup for last as Hamilton takes on conference-leading Oklahoma City. The biggest mystery is who will back up Peter Delmas as he's the only healthy goalie on the team at the moment.

ham09_500.jpg

Active scoring leaders:

Goals: Andreas Engqvist (19)

Assists: Brian Willsie (24)

+/-: Henry/Todd (+3)

PIMS: Zack FitzGerald (235)

okc10a_500.jpg

Active scoring leaders:

Goals: Phillipe Cornet (24)

Assists: Ryan Keller (28)

+/-: Ryan Keller (+22)

PIMS: Triston Grant (134)

Puck drop is at 8:00 PM EST and can be listened to by clicking this link: http://cham.player.amri.ca/

From the Bulldogs website:

The Bulldogs also signed goaltender Scott Darling to an emergency Professional Try-Out contract. Darling will back-up netminder Peter Delmas in tonight’s Bulldogs game in Oklahoma City.

Darling, 23, has played 35 games for the Southern Professional Hockey League’s Mississippi RiverKings, compiling a 15-17-1 record with a 2.92 goals against average and a .905 save percentage. The 6-foot-5, 215-pound native of Lemont, Illinois previously played for the University of Maine and the USHL’s Indiana Ice.

Injury/scratch notes:

Callahan (lower body) DTD

Conboy - done for the season

Hendrixx - healthy scratch

Flanigan - healthy scratch

Lawson (lower body), DTD

Stafford (upper body), DTD

Avtsin - healthy scratch (college tryouts are playing instead of him)

Avtsin should just go back to Russia next year.

Certainly worth the gamble where they picked him but it's nearing time to cut bait. The problem is because he's under contract, he'll count against the 50 wherever he plays.

Bulldogs kill off all 3 penalties to Dame-Malka (including a FitzGerald penalty that gave them a lengthy 5-on-3).

agree with you re that goal call. I think referee Vinnerborg made up that attempted spearing call. In his two years in the league, I honestly think (I know I'm a homer) that he has it in for us. I think old Marcus is frustrated that he hasn't been Fastracked to the NHL permanently. Reminds me of our old nemesis Bob Langdon whose losing control of a series lead to the infamous Perezhogin-Stafford incident 6 or 7 years ago. BTW-watched Langdon officate an OHL game in St. Catharines Saturday-the horror, the horror

Edited by miklin

nice to see Ian (Lammy) is posting again

agree with you re that goal call. I think referee Vinnerborg made up that attempted spearing call. In his two years in the league, I honestly think (I know I'm a homer) that he has it in for us. I think old Marcus is frustrated that he hasn't been Fastracked to the NHL permanently. Reminds me of our old nemesis Bob Langdon whose losing control of a series lead to the infamous Perezhogin-Stafford incident 6 or 7 years ago. BTW-watched Langdon officate an OHL game in St. Catharines Saturday-the horror, the horror

I saw Langdon's name pop up on a Barrie scoresheet earlier in the year, immediately remembered the Perezhogin incident and Derek's call on that. As the scuffle after the slash happened, he was more interested in going off about Langdon's incompetence.

the incident happened 20 ft in front of us and we watched Langdon lose control over a number of games and series. In the OHL game in St Kitts, there were a lot of non calls on his part or calls made by the second ref. (calls he should have made called by the other ref much further away) Back in the AHL at that time, we didn't have the luxury of two refs even in the playoffs. It also seemed one ref would be assigned to a series or play a lot of sequential games

-back to today, OKC just went ahead 2-0

-any idea how long goalie Scott Darling's PTO is for (or are they open ended?)

Edited by miklin

e/n goal makes it a 3-0 win for OKC. DW mentioned Schultz had a bad game

Malka takes a triple minor, two for tripping and four for attempted spearing...I've never heard of that last penalty before.

Didn't one ref once give two players 2 minutes for dancing??

-any idea how long goalie Scott Darling's PTO is for (or are they open ended?)

Some last 1 game (Lenes), others more (Lampe, Haddad). I think the max before having to sign another one is 25 games.