Jan. 21, Hamilton vs Rochester, 1 PM

dlbalr

Not a great start for Mayer and the Bulldogs as they allowed 2 before the game was a minute old and trailed 3-0 before the 6 minute mark. However, goals by Leblanc and Stortini (that's not a typo, he actually did something productive) have cut the deficit to 1 after the first.

And just after I hit post, Tenute scores 24 seconds into the 2nd to tie it at 3!

after Ceddy's last good game, I question starting Mayer too. Wondering openly if we're out coached or simply out talented? Two crappy seasons in a row is really testing the patience of the loyal season ticket holders in the Hammer.

after Ceddy's last good game, I question starting Mayer too. Wondering openly if we're out coached or simply out talented? Two crappy seasons in a row is really testing the patience of the loyal season ticket holders in the Hammer.

I'd say the latter. This is not an overly talented team - heck, it's a collection of really young players and mediocre at best veterans. It's not the ideal mix for a year like this, better veterans were needed to ease some of the pressure off of the rookies.

I was thinking the same after I saw the Marlies sign Vet Mike Mottau who looked steady on Saturday night. We could have had him for a song. The marketing dept in Hamilton has done a good job bringing folks out but I wonder if the team is hopelessly out of the playoffs, will we start getting some of those 2200 mid week crowds again. BTW-when is Commodore's PTO up? Should he be signed to a two way????

5-3 Amerks at the end of two

I was thinking the same after I saw the Marlies sign Vet Mike Mottau who looked steady on Saturday night. We could have had him for a song. The marketing dept in Hamilton has done a good job bringing folks out but I wonder if the team is hopelessly out of the playoffs, will we start getting some of those 2200 mid week crowds again. BTW-when is Commodore's PTO up? Should he be signed to a two way????

Mottau wasn't cheap to the Leafs (who gave him an NHL two-way deal), his AHL salary would have made him the highest paid two-way player in Bulldogs history by a fair margin. Commodore has played 17 games so that PTO will likely be up soon (I'm not sure if the rule is max 25 GP or 25 games after signing regardless of the player status). I'd imagine if the Habs wanted to give him a two-way deal by now, they would have, especially after releasing Berger and Gomez.

thanks-I didn't realized Berger was officially released. I thought he just fled back to Switzerland after not wanting to report to the ECHL

thanks-I didn't realized Berger was officially released. I thought he just fled back to Switzerland after not wanting to report to the ECHL

He was released once the CBA was done, the Habs ran him through $125 (unconditional release) waivers.

And Rochester wins 6-3...just when Mayer's GAA finally was below 3.00, it goes back up again. http://theahl.com/stats/game-summary.php?game_id=1010465