Bergevin's end of season press conference

dlbalr

"Milan is the best power forward in the NHL!"

Really? I wonder if we could take a pole on that? I think he was one of the best last year and the year before but he did not have a good year, 27 points? 7 goals?

Thanks molg

:habslogo:

Guess it depends where you draw the line of a skilled forward that hit becoming a power forward...

Who's in Lucic's category ?

Dustin Brown ?

Evander Kane ?

Chris Stewart ?

Neil ? Hartnell ? Simmonds ?

Guest Stogey24

Horton is obviously more of a grinder than a scorer this year, but I could see montreal giving him a good look. I've been watching him a little closer in the playoffs. He does look pretty bad and hasn't had a GREAT season, but this may be a good opportunity. I think he'll come a little cheaper this year. Very solid 3rd liner.

Edited by Stogey24

Guess it depends where you draw the line of a skilled forward that hit becoming a power forward...

Who's in Lucic's category ?

Dustin Brown ?

Evander Kane ?

Chris Stewart ?

Neil ? Hartnell ? Simmonds ?

i would take Kane, neil if younger, hartnell and probably simmonds based on the way lucic played this year. In all fairnes he appears to have woken up for the playoffs, but was awfull in reg season.

If Lucic becomes an overpaid regular season power forward but a playoff performer he'll keep his job. It's pretty much why Dustin Penner is still employed in LA.

I agree with that but I wouldn't then rank him as the best power forward in the nhl ,like some of his fans would. :rolleyes::habslogo:

• 4 weeks later...

Congrats to Bergevin for being nominate for GM of the year. :clap:

We'll find out today if he won the award. 8 of the 13 awards are being announced tonight, you can watch on the NHL Network or stream online at NHL.com at 5 PM EST. (Subban/Gallagher will officially find out if they win tomorrow.)

We'll find out today if he won the award. 8 of the 13 awards are being announced tonight, you can watch on the NHL Network or stream online at NHL.com at 5 PM EST. (Subban/Gallagher will officially find out if they win tomorrow.)

François Gagnon of La Presse, wrote that according to "a source", it is not Bergevin who will win the GM award.

François Gagnon of La Presse, wrote that according to "a source", it is not Bergevin who will win the GM award.

His source (or guess) is correct. It's also being reported that Gallagher will not win the Calder tomorrow.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not starting a new thread for today's news and notes from Bergevin. So far...

- Armstrong won't be back

- Weber may not be qualified (that's a surprise)

- A decision on Halpern has not been made

- Team is likely to draft a goalie tomorrow (it's about time)

- On signing Lecavalier: "It will depend on many different things"

I'm not starting a new thread for today's news and notes from Bergevin. So far...

- Armstrong won't be back

- Weber may not be qualified (that's a surprise)

- A decision on Halpern has not been made

- Team is likely to draft a goalie tomorrow (it's about time)

- On signing Lecavalier: "It will depend on many different things"

His non-commital answers are amazing in their uselessness.

Will the Habs move up in the first round?

"Depends on many things"

Will the Habs sign a UFA?

"That is a tool available"

What will you have for lunch today?

"There are a few options open"

I liked his news conference. Why on earth would he tell the world what is being said in those phone calls to other GMs, you do not build trust with others when you share everything with the media. I have no difficulty with his non committal answers, he is working and when the draft is completed and the FA period is done then you can discuss and trash accordingly.