Habs sign Tim Bozon to a 3 year ELC

dlbalr

He'll spend another year in junior. I feel like he has a lot of upside but even more left to learn. He seems pretty streaky. He was also playing with high scoring over-agers possibly inflating his numbers, a la Patrick Holland. Still he's a good prospect with good upside.

Contract details for Bozon:

13-14: $642,500 salary, $282,500 in performance bonuses, $92,500 signing bonus

14-15: $667,500 salary, $257,500 in performance bonuses, $92,500 signing bonus

15-16: $717,500 salary, $207,500 in performance bonuses, $92,500 signing bonus

That results in a cap hit of $925,000 each year.

He will also receive the maximum AHL salary on an entry-level deal each year, $70,000.

Man, I think this drops my list of "Prospects I care about that really need to be signed" down to around 3...

There really aren't that many left in total that need signing. Archambault and Pribyl will be released tomorrow, leaving only 9 drafted prospects without a contract for the time being. Out of that group, there are 6 that I think are important to ink, maybe 7 (depending on how Erik Nystrom does next year).

There really aren't that many left in total that need signing. Archambault and Pribyl will be released tomorrow, leaving only 9 drafted prospects without a contract for the time being. Out of that group, there are 6 that I think are important to ink, maybe 7 (depending on how Erik Nystrom does next year).

6? Other than Bennett, Thrower and Vail... I don't see any other "must-signs"

6? Other than Bennett, Thrower and Vail... I don't see any other "must-signs"

Didier is coming along well, a rugged, physical blueliner (something this team needs). I like MacMillan as well, I think he'll have a big season as he steps into Kristo's role so as it stands, I feel both of those players will be worth signing. Evidently I double-counted Nystrom so it's 5 that are important, 6 depending on Nystrom's season.